Forum Meeting 2016
captainsparkledotcom Offline

Threads: 356
Forum Meeting 2016
With the sad news that Malcolm is closing the forum shortly, may I take this opportunity to tell everyone that myself & The Famous Mr. Led will, once again, be in The Old Market Inn, Douglas on Mad Sunday evening, 2016, doing what we do best!
and helping to raise a stack of money for good causes.
Hope to see a lot of you there, again!
17-06-2015, 11:25 AM
Website Find Reply
c iom tt Offline

Threads: 16
RE: Forum Meeting 2016
A great shame, but sadly somewhat inevitable judging by the change in visitor profile of TT visitors in recent years.
I do not belive that any genuine motorcycle enthusiast would subject Malcom to the type of communications to him that he has described. I am not sugesting that all motorcycle enthusiasts are angels, there are always the odd bad apple. But as I have mentioned previously, I am not happy with the shift to the 'football mentality' of a lot of the newer visitors to the TT in recent years, and it is this element that tend to translate to the 'keyboard warrior' when posting on the web. I stoped posting on this forum a few days ago because of the way some threads were developing, obviously it was a lot worse behind the scenes.
As a side note, this year I stayed with freinds rather than the hotel I have over the past few years. The couple are retired, Manx born and bred, and the biggest supporters of the TT you would like to meet.They use to love the way the Island came to life ( there words) during the TT.
What shocked me was the complete 180 degree change in attitude now to the TT.
Now, they are sick to death with it. When I pressed them what had happened to change there attitudes, the response was predictable. Rude agressive people, bikes speeding in there side street where previously bikes had 'potted' about. Change of Homestay visitors by them who had brought there bikes in two vans which the blocked drives and parked where they wanted without any consideration for the locals.
I could go on and on, but that is the crux of it. After relaying there story to more freinds and buisiness owners over there, I started to get some nods and agreement with some of the points raised.
It is something the DED could do with taking notice off in the relentless persuit of more and more visitors. Without the support of the Manx people, the TT will not survive.
Did I promise never to go off topic again?
Adios everyone, see you on the rock next year!!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you want something bad enough, you'll find a way. If you don't, you'll find an excuse
17-06-2015, 11:57 AM
Find Reply
dommyman Offline
Perennial Contributor

Threads: 21
I will also be at the Peel kiosk on Thursday of practice week 2016 buying teas if anybody on here wants to meet up. About 11.00am
17-06-2015, 04:29 PM
Find Reply
RedlineRick Offline
Cotton Top

Threads: 1
(17-06-2015, 11:25 AM)captainsparkledotcom Wrote: With the sad news that Malcolm is closing the forum shortly, may I take this opportunity to tell everyone that myself & The Famous Mr. Led will, once again, be in The Old Market Inn, Douglas on Mad Sunday evening, 2016, doing what we do best!
and helping to raise a stack of money for good causes.
Hope to see a lot of you there, again!

I heard the RadioTT announcer say you were at the Metzler Village on the 5th of June.   Icon_cool

To bad the announcer didn't know how to pronounce Mr. L.E.D.'s name.  daft.    Icon_frown
"A few yrs ago they screwed up a perfectly good working website just because they want to be 'modern' and now we have a sluggish ugly problematic and feature lacking website. but hey, its modern..., old sites are always better".
17-06-2015, 08:15 PM
Find Reply
Steady the Edward Offline

Threads: 43
An innocent enough looking place on any other 48 weeks of the year but known to be the ruin of many a good man on the other four weeks of the year

[Image: 18343427079_63d2366b08_z.jpg]
22-06-2015, 03:50 PM
Find Reply