Threads: 6
How long have we got?
Question for Malcolm, how long will the forum be running? Thanks
18-06-2015, 11:40 AM
Find Reply
captainsparkledotcom Offline

Threads: 356
RE: How long have we got?
(18-06-2015, 11:40 AM)wsn03 Wrote: Question for Malcolm, how long will the forum be running? Thanks

good question!!
Malcolm said on the 'enough is enough' thread, it would be yesterday, so I guess we're on 'borrowed time'! Fundancing
sorry!
couldn't resist that emoticon!!
18-06-2015, 11:59 AM
Website Find Reply
SILJA Offline

Threads: 38
I understand that Malcolm is under great pressure at the moment. I'm sorry for that. But it would be good to know how much time we have to go. Many contacts to create and my feeling would be more calm if I knew how much time I've got.

I'm here: silja1942@hotmail.com

Jan Siljestrom.
Don't be that optimistic! The light in the tunnel can be a train. Sad
(This post was last modified: 18-06-2015, 12:32 PM by SILJA.)
18-06-2015, 12:11 PM
Website Find Reply
Splashdown Offline

Threads: 32
I have written to Malcolm, expressing my disgust at the way he has been treated. Clearly, very few of us have the understanding of what really goes on when a site like this is hosted.
I only have limited ability on a computer, but there are obviously some very clever folk out there, and not only clever, but utterly vile characters, the sort I don't want to mix with, and that have no place on this amazing site.

It is with great sadness that we leave, having made Internet friendships, (I keep bumping into some of you, most recently at the Stafford Show), and I shall miss my daily "TT refresher" immensely.

If anyone ever needs to contact me, Splashdown is at:

nick@nickjefferies.co.uk
Mobile: 07768 050281
Office: 01274 880258

Meanwhile I do hope that Malcolm finds a way forward for this site, but if not, it's been nice knowing you.
18-06-2015, 12:24 PM
Find Reply
Yamanx Offline

Threads: 12
Hi Nick,

as you have said there are a lot of clever people on these machines, and one thing they can do is use a spambot (Computer generated user) to harvest email address', so not a good idea to post it Smile

I think Malcolm is having a think, he has a business to run as well as this, so its not the only thing on his mind I'm sure.

"By all means think yourself big, but never think others small........."  R.F. Scott
18-06-2015, 12:29 PM
Find Reply
Westers Offline
Banned

Threads: 3
Is that Nick Jefferies as in the Nick Jefferies, TT rider? If so, blimey, how cool is that.

As for how long have we got, I too thought it was shutting down yesterday, however when re-reading the post again I think it may be shutting down within a few days of the 17th June.

However, has anyone else noticed the Reputation icon that has appeared next to us? Maybe that's just a new feature of the forum, or perhaps Malcolm has implemented this so that we can self police ourselves a bit more? If we all think someone is bad then they'll get bad reputation, and eventually reach a point where they're off the site. Mind you, I also have a "Warning Level" against my name (on 0%), but I don't see that against any other name - am I special, or do we all have that, but only visible to ourselves?
(This post was last modified: 18-06-2015, 08:41 PM by Westers.)
18-06-2015, 08:38 PM
Find Reply
Rednine Offline

Threads: 5
So disappointing that such vile people ruin others' hard work and endeavours. Thank you very much for the Forum Malcolm and I couldn't agree more with Splashdown's and others posts on this subject. Here's hoping.................I would pay a sub if that would assist.

Smoke me a kipper...........................I'll be back for breakfast Icon_wink
18-06-2015, 08:45 PM
Find Reply
c iom tt Offline

Threads: 16
(18-06-2015, 08:38 PM)Westers Wrote: Is that Nick Jefferies as in the Nick Jefferies, TT rider? If so, blimey, how cool is that.

As for how long have we got, I too thought it was shutting down yesterday, however when re-reading the post again I think it may be shutting down within a few days of the 17th June.

However, has anyone else noticed the Reputation icon that has appeared next to us? Maybe that's just a new feature of the forum, or perhaps Malcolm has implemented this so that we can self police ourselves a bit more? If we all think someone is bad then they'll get bad reputation, and eventually reach a point where they're off the site. Mind you, I also have a "Warning Level" against my name (on 0%), but I don't see that against any other name - am I special, or do we all have that, but only visible to ourselves?

Your own warning level is only seen by yourself ( and admin)
The reputation indicator is interesting and looks like a huge step in the right direction. If you click on yours or anyone elses profile, and then details where the reputation icon is, you will see a rating system in the Ebay style!
Excellent Malcom!!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you want something bad enough, you'll find a way. If you don't, you'll find an excuse
18-06-2015, 08:52 PM
Find Reply
SILJA Offline

Threads: 38
(18-06-2015, 08:38 PM)Westers Wrote: Is that Nick Jefferies as in the Nick Jefferies, TT rider? If so, blimey, how cool is that.

I believe that only the member him- or herself can see the warning level when logged in.
Don't be that optimistic! The light in the tunnel can be a train. Sad
18-06-2015, 08:55 PM
Website Find Reply
Westers Offline
Banned

Threads: 3
Phew, that's good - I thought it might have been only me as I did have a post where I broke a few rules (not intentionally, I hasten to add - it was just the way I would post on other forums), and when pointed out what I had done I did apologise, and I've made sure I don't do it again. However I did wonder if I was on a probation period after that, and the warning wood go if I'd been good for a certain period of time.
18-06-2015, 09:02 PM
Find Reply
desmophile Offline

Threads: 1
(18-06-2015, 08:45 PM)Rednine Wrote: So disappointing that such vile people ruin others' hard work and endeavours. Thank you very much for the Forum Malcolm and I couldn't agree more with Splashdown's and others posts on this subject. Here's hoping.................I would pay a sub if that would assist.

Perhaps when Malcolm has had a chance to clear his head, away from all the unpleasantness, he might consider your suggestion. I would be willing to pay a sub, perhaps £10 to £20 annually? It might be enough to deter the muppets?
(This post was last modified: 18-06-2015, 09:32 PM by desmophile. Edit Reason: Grammatical ineptitude )
18-06-2015, 09:30 PM
Find Reply
HammerHead Offline

Threads: 23
Having seen Malcolm's other post that cut-off is likely to be at around 21:00 tonight I would like to take this opportunity to thank Malcolm for the service he has provided and (the majority of) everyone else for their informative posts and interaction since November.

Perhaps Malcolm will reconsider after a while, perhaps not (and if not it would be totally understandable considering the circumstances). If we don't get to continue with this forum maybe I'll bump into you on the IoM next May/June (I'm camping at Peel for practice week). Next year I will still be around on Mad Sunday evening so may well drop into the Old Market Inn.

All the best.

Elliot.

"There is nothing so momentary as a sporting achievement, and nothing so lasting as the memory of it."
19-06-2015, 03:45 PM
Find Reply
wsn03 Offline

Threads: 6
(18-06-2015, 09:02 PM)Westers Wrote: Phew, that's good - I thought it might have been only me as I did have a post where I broke a few rules (not intentionally, I hasten to add - it was just the way I would post on other forums), and when pointed out what I had done I did apologise, and I've made sure I don't do it again. However I did wonder if I was on a probation period after that, and the warning wood go if I'd been good for a certain period of time.

You've clearly done something wrong since cause you've suddenly been banned. I wondrr what causes yhe tipping point? 
19-06-2015, 04:38 PM
Find Reply
AndyL Offline

Threads: 2
(19-06-2015, 04:38 PM)wsn03 Wrote: You've clearly done something wrong since cause you've suddenly been banned. I wondrr what causes yhe tipping point? 

If it's accurate typing, you're in trouble Smile
19-06-2015, 06:59 PM
Find Reply
AndyL Offline

Threads: 2
http://www.ttwebsite.com/forums/showthre...8#pid64448

Malcolm has bravely decided to continue the forum. Thank you Malcolm! I hope the changes are successful and ease the burden.
(This post was last modified: 19-06-2015, 07:04 PM by AndyL.)
19-06-2015, 07:03 PM
Find Reply
dommyman Offline
Perennial Contributor

Threads: 21
(19-06-2015, 07:03 PM)AndyL Wrote: http://www.ttwebsite.com/forums/showthre...8#pid64448

Malcolm has bravely decided to continue the forum.  Thank you Malcolm!  I hope the changes are successful and ease the burden.

That's brilliant news Malcolm, and thank you for carrying on.  This website is important to a lot of people, as can be seen by all the positive posts in the last couple of days.
19-06-2015, 07:17 PM
Find Reply
ericcane Offline
Perennial Contributor

Threads: 7
Great news.Thank you,Malcolm
19-06-2015, 07:31 PM
Find Reply
c iom tt Offline

Threads: 16
(19-06-2015, 04:38 PM)wsn03 Wrote:
(18-06-2015, 09:02 PM)Westers Wrote: Phew, that's good - I thought it might have been only me as I did have a post where I broke a few rules (not intentionally, I hasten to add - it was just the way I would post on other forums), and when pointed out what I had done I did apologise, and I've made sure I don't do it again. However I did wonder if I was on a probation period after that, and the warning wood go if I'd been good for a certain period of time.

You've clearly done something wrong since cause you've suddenly been banned. I wondrr what causes yhe tipping point? 
He spat his dummy, so off he went!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you want something bad enough, you'll find a way. If you don't, you'll find an excuse
19-06-2015, 08:03 PM
Find Reply
peter Offline
Just Getting Started

Threads: 0
(19-06-2015, 07:31 PM)ericcane Wrote: Great news.Thank you,Malcolm

I suspect that I am one of the many who for the past dozen years has read the forum and looked at the pictures but very rarley post anything.
I am very happy that Malcolm has decided to continue the forum and hope that viewers such as myself will quickly alert him to any posts which do not meet the forum criteria, which will enable them to be removed quickly.
Good luck with it all and thank you.
19-06-2015, 08:07 PM
Find Reply
van man Offline

Threads: 1
c iom tt
(19-06-2015, 04:38 PM)wsn03 Wrote:

He spat his dummy, so off he went!

Deservedly so
19-06-2015, 08:08 PM
Find Reply