NEW TT PERSONAL BEST & BRONZE REPLICA FINISH FOR MARIA
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
NEW TT PERSONAL BEST & BRONZE REPLICA FINISH FOR MARIA
[Image: mariacostelloracinghdr2013.jpg]

It was another bronze replica finish for Costello when she claimed a strong 17thplace in the Bennetts Lightweight race at this year’s Isle of Man TT.

Fresh from a superb showing at the ultra-fast Northwest 200 races, the Northamptonshire racer had only one entry in the TT, on her own home built Kawasaki ER6.

Maria made good use of the practice time available. Stopping to make adjustments (something you can only do at the TT) during the first two sessions made for no lap times at the outset; however this gave her a great base setting and, with help from SB Racing and Moto Shox, she arrived prepared for Friday’s race.

In perfect conditions Costello, starting from 26th on the road, set off down Bray Hill for the first of three gruelling laps of the most iconic race circuit in the world.

Her opening standing start lap of 112.449mph put her into 18th position in a 50-strong field. She entered pit-lane at the end of this first lap to refuel, which was calmly handled by Kev and Martin without error. With some racers choosing to pit at the end of lap two, Maria temporarily moved down the order and arrived at the Glen Helen checkpoint on lap two in 20th and started the final lap in 21st.

The pace hotted up on lap three as riders got dialled in to the track with decreasing fuel loads. Costello moved back to 18th and then put in a personal best Lightweight lap of 113.177mph, to take the chequered flag in 17th and claim yet another TT bronze replica.

[Image: mariacatagosleap.jpg]
Maria at Ago's Leap on her way to 17th place and a Bronze Replica

“I’m so happy as the field is so strong now. I loved every lap, especially my last which is new personal best on this bike, and my bike ran smoothly, in fact it’s been totally reliable all fortnight. I think that’s a strong showing considering I came here with a smaller team than planned after backing fell through when my big bike entry was rejected.”

“I need to thank my right hand man Kev and the rest of my 2015 TT team of Mike, Andy & Barry for the spannering & help over the fortnight. I also need to thank all of my sponsors, Tony & Simon of SB Racing, Simon, Mark at Moto Shox, fuel man - Martin, the IM1 Car Centre, Cath from Rex Physio, Tom for the set up and pit board, all the marshals and medics and those who make the event possible.”

“Now though my thoughts are with those who have been injured. Keep fighting Jamie, I hope we get to hear good news soon. My condolences go out to the family and friends of Franck Petricola, may you rest in peace.”

Costello hopes to return to the Irish road racing championship at Walderstown, if funds permit. For all of the latest news on Maria, including sponsorship opportunities, her ‘women only’ Donington Park track days and other events, please visit her website at http://www.costelloracing.com.

Image of Costello leaping Ago's by Giulia Zanella.

2015 Sponsors:

The European Shoe Machinery Company Ltd, Hol-Taj, BMW Motorrad UK, Wollaston BMW, Rock Oil, Arai, NGK spark plugs, Wilbers/Vmtek Suspension, Jap4Performance, Radicool, EBC Brakes, Kawasaki UK Ltd, GBRacing, Hideout Leathers, Premier Bodyworks, Knox, HEL, iDP Moto Ltd, CMB Motorsport, Racebikebitz/Samco hoses, Daytona boots, Pipercross, APC Wet Paint Ltd, CPL Print, Christian Baker, Trilogy Gyms, CrossFit East Northants, DnG, Sparkes Management Support, Bespoke Injury Management, Progrips, Promach, Skidmarx, The Joseph’s Experience, http://www.tonicwebworks.com, CHI Fire Solutions Ltd, Stomp Grip & SKINS.

20-06-2015, 12:12 PM
Website Find Reply
Splashdown Offline

Threads: 32
RE: NEW TT PERSONAL BEST & BRONZE REPLICA FINISH FOR MARIA
Wow!
113mph lap is going some on a Supertwin.
Maria would win the Manx by some margin at that pace, so fair play to her, she never stops trying, and puts a huge effort into everything she does.
I wish her continued success for the rest of the season.
20-06-2015, 07:40 PM
Find Reply
2 stroke nod Offline

Threads: 4
Small World - Kev her "right hand man" happens to be my neighbour

Well done Maria
Be nice to your dentist....they have fillings too
20-06-2015, 09:59 PM
Find Reply
Superbike Offline

Threads: 4
That is some pace fair play she's also great at short circuit stuff as well a quality many top rides struggle with so well done to her and her team.
21-06-2015, 01:02 AM
Find Reply
maybolezx12r Offline

Threads: 28
Was watching Maria when we were at Guthries this year perfect line every time very smooth and quick good job girl!

Mountain Marshal from 2013 Icon_biggrin
22-06-2015, 09:45 AM
Find Reply
Smidsy Offline
Orange Army - Windy Corner

Threads: 1
Have always preferred the way Jenny T goes about her business in comparison to Maria, but credit where its due.
"I stole these views from the cools kids, so I could fit in."
You don’t stop riding because you’re getting old, you get old because you stop riding
22-06-2015, 09:54 AM
Find Reply
HammerHead Offline

Threads: 23
I've followed Maria's fortunes for a while as she is local to me. She was suffering a bit last year following her NW200 crash but obviously is recovered now and putting in some decent times. Shame she didn't get to ride the BMW too.

"There is nothing so momentary as a sporting achievement, and nothing so lasting as the memory of it."
22-06-2015, 12:19 PM
Find Reply
jimmy182 Offline

Threads: 0
I noticed she gets a bit of stick off certain people on twitter including g another female rider. Can't understand it myself. Pretty sad if you ask me.
22-06-2015, 12:23 PM
Find Reply
matjaq Offline

Threads: 1
Maria went up a lot in my estimation by being in the kebab shop on the prom after the Charley Boorman show  Icon_lol
22-06-2015, 09:15 PM
Find Reply