What would you like to see changed for next year?
Andy from Kazakhstan Offline

Threads: 4
RE: What would you like to see changed for next year?
(25-06-2015, 01:10 PM)taxman Wrote: +1 for retaining starting numbers/positions. the programs are expensive enough (although I got a free one as a Marshal)

As in the 4 Yorkshiremen sketch "You were lucky"

Me and the Mrs signed on online and went to collect our warrants etc on Thurs of practice week only to be told, no programs left, no packs, no 2015 bar, no drinks cup and no Bushys beer token. Just the privilege of paying £15 for a program necessary for carrying out our, albeit voluntary, jobs.

Maybe they could have some type of system which allocates a pack to every marshal who signs on online or by post, and then any remaining packs go to the ones who just turn up at the IOMTT marshals hut to volunteer, just a thought.
25-06-2015, 08:54 PM
Find Reply
cookie77 Offline

Threads: 3
(25-06-2015, 08:54 PM)Andy from Kazakhstan Wrote: As in the 4 Yorkshiremen sketch "You were lucky"

Me and the Mrs signed on online and went to collect our warrants etc on Thurs of practice week only to be told, no programs left, no packs, no 2015 bar, no drinks cup and no Bushys beer token. Just the privilege of paying £15 for a program necessary for carrying out our, albeit voluntary, jobs.

Maybe they could have some type of system which allocates a pack to every marshal who signs on online or by post, and then any remaining packs go to the ones who just turn up at the IOMTT marshals hut to volunteer, just a thought.

It wouldn't be that hard to have a list of marshalls that have actually marshalled previously and make them a priority, over say people who maybe do it a few times and turn up for the programmes etc?

most marshalls I see are the same every year, which is obviously a good thing so why upset them?
26-06-2015, 08:36 AM
Find Reply
taxman Offline

Threads: 1
Sorry Andy - I didn't mean to rub it in. I turned up on Friday of Practice week at the TTMA office and they had loads. I suspect you may have experienced a temporary shortage.
26-06-2015, 08:49 AM
Find Reply
Smidsy Offline
Orange Army - Windy Corner

Threads: 1
(25-06-2015, 08:54 PM)Andy from Kazakhstan Wrote: As in the 4 Yorkshiremen sketch "You were lucky"

Apparently, TTMA were allocated 1600 programmes, BUT I believe we had in excess of 1800 marshals sign on.
I agree re system needed to address, ie, the organisers need to provide more, or TTMA have to put in place some criteria to be eligible to receive a pack as we now do for priority SP bookings, and/or for those who sign on online etc.

PS Andy, sorry, I actually think I got one  of the last two packs on the Thursday of practice week before they were restocked, others in the office behind me didn't get any, around 10.30am.
"I stole these views from the cools kids, so I could fit in."
You don’t stop riding because you’re getting old, you get old because you stop riding
(This post was last modified: 26-06-2015, 09:24 AM by Smidsy.)
26-06-2015, 09:23 AM
Find Reply
scaramanga Offline

Threads: 25
(24-06-2015, 08:18 AM)DBD 34 Wrote: Personally I would like to see one of the 600 Supersport races changed to a 600 Stock/proddy race, think that would be good.
Either scrap the electric race or make it a 3 lapper with pit stop to change batteries.

been done in the past and stock 600's didnt go down to well expensive repair bills i think was the offical verdict
__________________________________________________________________________________________________

proud to own and ride a british motorcycle  triumph daytona 675 Hehe
26-06-2015, 05:47 PM
Find Reply
DBD 34 Offline

Threads: 20
(26-06-2015, 05:47 PM)scaramanga Wrote: been done in the past and stock 600's didnt go down to well expensive repair bills i think was the offical verdict

What year was that?

Don't get the "expensive repair bills" bit they would be standard road bikes.
26-06-2015, 06:35 PM
Find Reply
Manc Jules Offline
Just Getting Started

Threads: 0
Simple request. 

Please revert to numerical start order with exceptions moved up or down (and accompanying pencilled in changes to the programme)
26-06-2015, 07:51 PM
Find Reply
Revvin rich Offline

Threads: 70
More toilets up at the bungalow it was useless
26-06-2015, 08:28 PM
Find Reply
Superbike Offline

Yeah I don't get stockers as being expensive as its a road bike?? Plus it's good racing as its more about the rider pit stops ect rather than the bike? I race at club level and the stockers are a great class even playing field and all that.
(This post was last modified: 27-06-2015, 12:02 AM by Superbike.)
27-06-2015, 12:00 AM
Find Reply
AntG Offline

Threads: 3
I think the stockers running at the front are a bit more than a road bike, a few years ago Hunts had a superstock Fireblade that Michael Dunlop had used in that years TT for sale and in the ad it said well over £20,000 had been spent building it, off the top of my head I think the exhaust cost £2000 on it's own. I'm presuming the cost of the standard bike was taken into account in the total as well but what's a brand new Fireblade? £11-12,000? So another 8 grand or so on top of that.
(This post was last modified: 27-06-2015, 01:31 PM by Malcolm.)
27-06-2015, 10:30 AM
Find Reply
rutolander Offline
Three Star Member

Threads: 14
+ + + rider's keeping their start numbers as per the programme!
27-06-2015, 10:50 AM
Find Reply
scaramanga Offline

(26-06-2015, 06:35 PM)tors DBD 34 Wrote: What year was that?

Don't get the "expensive repair bills" bit they would be standard road bikes.

the stock motors didnt last the distance at continuious high speed and the higher end teams didnt like that
not sure how true the actual faliure rate was but they quoted it was better going with race preped bikes rather than stock
think it was 2002 that there was a 600 production class might have only been 1 or 2 years it ran
__________________________________________________________________________________________________

27-06-2015, 11:25 AM
Find Reply
scaramanga Offline

(27-06-2015, 12:00 AM)Superbike Wrote: Yeah I don't get stockers as being expensive as its a road bike?? Plus it's good racing as its more about the rider pit stops ect rather than the bike? I race at club level and the stockers are a great class even playing field and all that.

the 1000 production class is great and hold out well and most riders a prodie bike is fast enough and actually faster and easier for some to ride
 but the older smaller 600's didnt like being flat out for 100 miles

27-06-2015, 11:29 AM
Find Reply
Timmy594 Offline

Start numbers need putting back as they used to be.

Oh, and Billy's snoring needs sorting!
27-06-2015, 12:30 PM
Find Reply
DBD 34 Offline

Threads: 20
Norton to be on the pace.

More manufacturers in the Supertwins.
27-06-2015, 01:37 PM
Find Reply
scaramanga Offline

must say the popular complaint amongst spectators is the start numbers issue
i too would like to see them atart in numerical order then you can judge for yourself who is gaining or dropping down the order
programs might get messed up or some faster in practice might start behind slower riders but if the inital seeding order was correct there shouldnt be a problem
after all any off the top 20 could have a machine problem that slowed them there for all behind would be faster ?

28-06-2015, 10:53 AM
Find Reply

(26-06-2015, 08:49 AM)taxman Wrote: Sorry Andy - I didn't mean to rub it in. I turned up on Friday of Practice week at the TTMA office and they had loads. I suspect you may have experienced a temporary shortage.
Strange, I went back on Friday and was told that they still hadn't received any more stock.
28-06-2015, 12:41 PM
Find Reply

(26-06-2015, 09:23 AM)Smidsy Wrote: Apparently, TTMA were allocated 1600 programmes, BUT I believe we had in excess of 1800 marshals sign on.
I agree re system needed to address, ie, the organisers need to provide more, or TTMA have to put in place some criteria to be eligible to receive a pack as we now do for priority SP bookings, and/or for those who sign on online etc.

PS Andy, sorry, I actually think I got one  of the last two packs on the Thursday of practice week before they were restocked, others in the office behind me didn't get any, around 10.30am.

Huh Icon_lol Icon_lol
28-06-2015, 12:43 PM
Find Reply
Steady the Edward Offline

Threads: 43
Scaramanger

You say  "   if the inital seeding order was correct there shouldnt be a problem "

the problem is that the initial seeding is far from correct and that is why they have gone to the system they now run , to give a level playing field to all competitors , as is done in any other race in the world as far as I am aware , ( seeing as many prominent people on here don't like it being called a time trial insisting it is a race ! yes it is a race but run it time trial format )

the reason they run a grid start by qualy time is for safety reasons and that must come first
at least when you buy your program this way you know that it is correct for the full two weeks not just practice week and seeing as half the time you can't see the numbers any way what's it matter , but hay we have been through all this before and I still stand by the new system ,

shhhh Edward you aint going any more so it dont matter any more what you think
(This post was last modified: 29-06-2015, 10:04 PM by Malcolm.)
28-06-2015, 01:19 PM
Find Reply
scaramanga Offline

there is arguments for both sides
every other race in the world is mass start and outright race between riders the tt as you will be aware is run to the time keepers clock so that is why if run in rider numerical order people would know who is doing what if rider 21 is infront of rider 18 hes made up 30 secs simples aint it

28-06-2015, 01:30 PM
Find Reply