What would you like to see changed for next year?
Woffy Offline

Threads: 0
RE: What would you like to see changed for next year?
One positive change that they have made this year is changing the schedule around to give the sidecars a better chance. At least now they have all week to fix any problems, and having them run on the Friday also means they will likely have more of a viewing..
That and the documentary coming out as well about them, finally they are getting a bit more recognition.
23-05-2016, 07:10 PM
Find Reply
Queenbee Offline

Threads: 6
1. Making it easier to get Ferry bookings - Steam packet website should show what is available not ask you to select one way and then telling you nothing available for the return! Have tried since last year to book a car onto the ferry for a 5 day trip and am not coming as could not get a crossing. Seems worse this year than the previous year's I have come over. I know they are a ferry down but this should have been sorted a couple of years in advance and time the Steam Packet got heir act together! They know people want to come over so get them there and back! Bring on another ferry as competition. Visitors down means all businesses on the island are affected and the Steam Packet are holding the stings on this!

Not looking forward to trying on Monday when 2017 is released and putting in the alternatives repeatedly!

2. Not putting the price up to ridiculous prices for ferry, accommodation and on the island for food etc. People are going to come and fill your places. If your regular charges cover your costs and profits this should be the same for TT week - not profiteering just because people are over and you can take advantage of them being sitting ducks! They will want the items and then have to pay for what you are offering, if it does not cost you more to buy in why does it to sell on?

(Have seen this happen from practice week to TT week, coffee cup size changed from large china mug to small polystyrene cup and price put up by a third! Did not use that cafe again on any of my following visits!)

3. Clearer availability and pricing notice on the HOMESTAY website. Hosts quote different prices when you contact them to what is advertised and this is misleading. The Homestay agreed and advertised price should be binding!
28-05-2016, 01:54 PM
Find Reply
RedlineRick Offline
Cotton Top

Threads: 1
To Sam about the subtitles...   that made me laff!

No Roy bashing this year, hope he's up to certainly tremendyus truly outstanding form!

Icon_biggrin
"A few yrs ago they screwed up a perfectly good working website just because they want to be 'modern' and now we have a sluggish ugly problematic and feature lacking website. but hey, its modern..., old sites are always better".
30-05-2016, 07:59 PM
Find Reply
TTNeb Offline

Threads: 4
(24-06-2015, 02:07 PM)maybolezx12r Wrote: 1.Cheaper boat tickets
2.1 max Subaru lap
3.All Marshals recieving a race programme.(nonne left this year)
4.Boat tickets updated so when you buy you are being tied into various rules ie staying off closed roads.

Nothing else really,love it the way it is

P

Funny thing is there are plenty in the shops...
Everything will be alright in the end. And if it's not alright, it's not yet the end.

06-06-2016, 07:41 PM
Find Reply
KypDurron Offline

Threads: 23
If I'm allowed to dream and not just think of realistic things, I'd love for there to be a second Superstock race so there would be 2 of each class, not counting the lightweights.
07-06-2016, 05:11 AM
Find Reply
KypDurron Offline

I actually really like Craig Doyle, to be honest. He seems genuinely excited and relatively informed.
07-06-2016, 12:33 PM
Find Reply
AntG Offline

Threads: 3
I really enjoy the Manx Radio coverage, I met Dave Christian last year and the man's a gent, Roy Moore reminds me of old Murray Walker and Chris Kinley has come along way from his "give it up for John McGuinness" days, very good, funny bloke, and Tim holds it all together well.
(This post was last modified: 07-06-2016, 01:20 PM by AntG.)
07-06-2016, 01:20 PM
Find Reply
KypDurron Offline

For me, in some ways Roy Moore is the TT. He's a character in the old sense.
07-06-2016, 03:50 PM
Find Reply
Woffy Offline

Threads: 0
Yes... he's very distinctive.
(This post was last modified: 07-06-2016, 07:28 PM by Malcolm.)
07-06-2016, 06:37 PM
Find Reply
DBD 34 Offline

Threads: 20
I am from the Peter Kneale and Geoff Cannell era myself, so no one will ever come close to them as commentators, I just think they need to replace the whole commentary team, I have said it before that we have Tim Glover (hockey fan) David Christian (rugby fan) Roy Moore (golf) and Kinley (football). I know this is gonna cause controversy.
Then you have the idiot presenters on Radio TT gawd don't get me started.......
07-06-2016, 10:00 PM
Find Reply
Sam Pato Offline

Threads: 24
Whilst I don't agree with you're appraisal of the commentators I do think that the event was better served when Charlie Lambert was involved.  They should get him back.

Chris Kinley has improved but he still has a tendency to descend into aimless witter when he's running short of ideas.  Needs to be able to hand over to Charlie L to steady the ship.  Speaking of Charlie...............I always thought Charlie Williams was gold and never understood why they decided to cut his input.

If it was purely commercial then its something that they need to look at again.  Record visitor numbers I hear :-)

Sam
Warning Level 0% since 2006
08-06-2016, 01:19 AM
Find Reply
numptydad Offline

Threads: 6
I too think Charlie Lambert was a great anchorman.

On classes, in view of the small entry to the TT Zero race, and 5 finishers, it's a waste of good racing time. And that Subaru !  Oh Lord, please, no more.
Someone has already suggested a second superstock (presumably 1000)  ; thumbs up for that.

Manx Radio TT is good coverage in regard to the race commentary, but in general, it's an awful Radio Station - but then I'm a grumpy old geezer
(This post was last modified: 08-06-2016, 07:57 PM by Malcolm.)
08-06-2016, 06:23 PM
Find Reply
Rednine Offline

Threads: 5
Wink  RE: What would you like to see changed for next year?
I still miss the lilting voice of Tommy Robb commentating from Ballacraine. Icon_cool

Smoke me a kipper...........................I'll be back for breakfast Icon_wink
08-06-2016, 08:11 PM
Find Reply
DBD 34 Offline

Now yer talking, Tommy Robb was good on bike or commentating, sadly his type are in short supply these days.
08-06-2016, 09:59 PM
Find Reply
DBD 34 Offline

Couldn't believe the mess Roy Moore made of today's commentary, said it before, the commentary team and the daytime presenters really do need to go, along with that joke of an eleccy race.
08-06-2016, 10:03 PM
Find Reply
KypDurron Offline

What mess did Roy Moore make? I didn't notice anything particularly awful.
09-06-2016, 08:33 AM
Find Reply
Sam Pato Offline

Threads: 24
Roy's fine by me. Part of the character of the event.
Warning Level 0% since 2006
09-06-2016, 08:43 AM
Find Reply
DBD 34 Offline

You mustn't have heard the eleccy palaver then??
09-06-2016, 10:12 AM
Find Reply
RedlineRick Offline
Cotton Top

Threads: 1
I didn't even bother to listen to the leccy race, found better things to do...  will have to check the tape for Moorisms

Gimmefive
"A few yrs ago they screwed up a perfectly good working website just because they want to be 'modern' and now we have a sluggish ugly problematic and feature lacking website. but hey, its modern..., old sites are always better".
09-06-2016, 11:14 AM
Find Reply
KypDurron Offline

DBD, do you just go around finding each thread and posting against the TT Zero, or what?

Give it a rest, mate.
09-06-2016, 03:03 PM
Find Reply