What would you like to see changed for next year?
DBD 34 Offline

Threads: 20
RE: What would you like to see changed for next year?
No, not at all.

It was by chance that Roy Moore cocked up on the eleccy race.

Keep up with the thread "mate"
09-06-2016, 06:45 PM
Find Reply
Azman Offline

Threads: 5
Just back home from the Island, many comments in here about changes that probably not attainable through this forum, however, having spent a few days up at the Bungalow in the nice weather, now there is an area they should improve upon, like more Toilets, Catering outlets..... I saw two thunder boxes and one iffy Burger van.........wish I had had an ice cream van!

"Its turned out quite nice ....." Beer2
Riggsy
09-06-2016, 08:35 PM
Find Reply
TTNeb Offline

Threads: 4
(07-06-2016, 12:33 PM)KypDurron Wrote: I actually really like Craig Doyle, to be honest.  He seems genuinely excited and relatively informed.

I'd go along with that. Gethin Jones doesn't seem quite so natural when he presents. Enthusiasm appears a little 'forced'. 
Everything will be alright in the end. And if it's not alright, it's not yet the end.

11-06-2016, 06:31 PM
Find Reply
cornishman Offline

Threads: 11
(09-06-2016, 08:35 PM)Azman Wrote: Just back home from the Island, many comments in here about changes that probably not attainable through this forum, however, having spent a few days up at the Bungalow in the nice weather, now there is an area they should improve upon, like more Toilets, Catering outlets..... I saw two thunder boxes and one iffy Burger van.........wish I had had an ice cream van!

Our thoughts as well ,a catering van Laxey side of the crossing would be ideal .
Next year we will bring our own food and midge spray when going to the Bungalow
14-06-2016, 10:16 AM
Find Reply
c iom tt Offline

Threads: 16
One of the things that was driving me up the wall this year was the way Tim Glover read out the changes to program.
You would think he was having a game of speed bingo.
That said, I think I might be a dying breed of people who still, 'A' buy a program, and 'B' still interested on who the riders are after the top 20. I sat at Gorselea on Saturday and looking either side of me, I think I was the only one who had a program in a line of about 20 people. The same happened just up from the Gooseneck ( great spot) on the Friday. My program was being passed up and down the line.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you want something bad enough, you'll find a way. If you don't, you'll find an excuse
14-06-2016, 10:32 AM
Find Reply
AntG Offline

Threads: 3
I didn't think much of the entertainment down in Douglas at night, spent most nights at the campsite as there were always people about and a really good atmosphere.
14-06-2016, 11:30 AM
Find Reply
dommyman Offline
Perennial Contributor

Threads: 21
Just got back, 1.30am this morning after a horrible wet ride home to Kent. 
    Number one change on my list would be some toilet facilities on the mountain.  Up at the Bungalow on the outside, there was one portaloo, which was overflowing and disgusting, and being used by men and women. This is an absolute disgrace for an event of this calibre.
    Another thing I would like to see, would be the option to purchase the Race Guide seperately, and not be ripped off for £18 for a glossy magazine that I do not want.
14-06-2016, 12:44 PM
Find Reply
RedlineRick Offline
Cotton Top

Threads: 1
(09-06-2016, 06:45 PM)DBD 34 Wrote: No, not at all.

It was by chance that Roy Moore cocked up on the eleccy race.

Keep up with the thread "mate"

Yea the commentating was a mess for the TTZero. Roy apologized many times but I think the transponder problems left him in the dark a little...  or was Connor's Grandmothers cake spiked?

Dodgy
"A few yrs ago they screwed up a perfectly good working website just because they want to be 'modern' and now we have a sluggish ugly problematic and feature lacking website. but hey, its modern..., old sites are always better".
(This post was last modified: 14-06-2016, 08:50 PM by RedlineRick.)
14-06-2016, 08:50 PM
Find Reply
DBD 34 Offline

Definitely the biggest gripe seems to be the numbering system that they have used recently, it just doesn't work, I am gonna take this up with the organizers and see where it leads.
15-06-2016, 10:48 PM
Find Reply
Azman Offline

Threads: 5
Related to.another post buts lets not have champagne popping before all home..............

"Its turned out quite nice ....." Beer2
Riggsy
16-06-2016, 07:45 PM
Find Reply
scaramanga Offline

Threads: 25
i agree with dommyman regarding seperate race guide
the programe is good for some but no use at all for some and obviously its not that cheap
not sure how to change things really but any changes must be made for the good of the sport and also the islanders need to be concidered but they must never be made with making money in mind this will have negative effect
__________________________________________________________________________________________________

proud to own and ride a british motorcycle  triumph daytona 675 Hehe
16-06-2016, 10:13 PM
Find Reply
DBD 34 Offline

Is it me or does the above post not make sense?
16-06-2016, 10:19 PM
Find Reply
DBD 34 Offline

(15-06-2016, 10:48 PM)DBD 34 Wrote: Definitely the biggest gripe seems to be the numbering system that they have used recently, it just doesn't work, I am gonna take this up with the organizers and see where it leads.

I have approached the organizers today and will advise the outcome shortly.

Definitely needs changing back to the old tradional numbering system.
16-06-2016, 10:23 PM
Find Reply
KypDurron Offline

Threads: 23
(14-06-2016, 12:44 PM)dommyman Wrote: Just got back, 1.30am this morning after a horrible wet ride home to Kent. 
    Number one change on my list would be some toilet facilities on the mountain.  Up at the Bungalow on the outside, there was one portaloo, which was overflowing and disgusting, and being used by men and women. This is an absolute disgrace for an event of this calibre.
    Another thing I would like to see, would be the option to purchase the Race Guide seperately, and not be ripped off for £18 for a glossy magazine that I do not want.

You're not being 'ripped off' for 18 pound, you're spending 18 pound on the event to help keep it going. Those glossies are critical to road racing, like at the North West, where they desperately need people to buy them to keep the funding levels up.
17-06-2016, 01:18 PM
Find Reply
eman1948 Offline

Threads: 6
I don`t think the majority would complain about the price provided they revert back to the numbering system running in ordered. 99.9% understood the old way but .01% have decided that it was wrong and that the new system is right . So be it but when they see the diminishing sales of programs perhaps then they will realise something is wrong.
17-06-2016, 03:30 PM
Find Reply
dommyman Offline
Perennial Contributor

Are you saying that all the profit from programme sales goes to the Race organisers ??
They could still make the same profit from each sale, by producing just a race programme, and charging say a tenner each.  I still maintain that £18 for a magazine is over the top, and only benefits the printers.
17-06-2016, 04:21 PM
Find Reply
TTNeb Offline

Threads: 4
I saw lots of people wanting just the programme but because it came with the magazine and other booklets, they didn't buy it because of the cost.

Lots left in the shops last couple of days of TT so wasted.
Everything will be alright in the end. And if it's not alright, it's not yet the end.

19-06-2016, 06:44 AM
Find Reply
Chrisp955 Offline

Inprove the radio signal. Especially round the back of the corse can be very hit and miss.
19-06-2016, 09:41 AM
Find Reply
scaramanga Offline

Threads: 25
(17-06-2016, 04:21 PM)dommyman Wrote: Are you saying that all the profit from programme sales goes to the Race organisers ??
They could still make the same profit from each sale, by producing just a race programme, and charging say a tenner each.  I still maintain that £18 for a magazine is over the top, and only benefits the printers.

might even make more if they broke it down and made it more affordable more people would maybe buy it so more sold rather than 1000's left unsold but still have to be paid for during production
__________________________________________________________________________________________________

proud to own and ride a british motorcycle  triumph daytona 675 Hehe
19-06-2016, 06:23 PM
Find Reply
Alfie Noakes Offline
Administrator

Threads: 13
They were still punting them in Douglas for £18 Wednesday after race week, comes across as we'd rather burn them than let you have one slightly cheaper.
19-06-2016, 06:49 PM
Find Reply