Food for thought - Prize money
bud62 Offline

Threads: 2
Food for thought - Prize money
We all know that the riders at the TT and road racing in general are not in the sport for the money, but let me put this one to you.....................

The FIRST ROUND LOSERS at Wimbledon today, will receive £29,000 in prize money! Not bad if you consider the winner of the Senior TT gets about £25,000 for his (or her) efforts!
29-06-2015, 08:36 PM
Find Reply
tigerted Offline

Threads: 6
RE: Food for thought - Prize money
Hmm might have something to do with the fact that a taxi driver once told me And it was that out of all of the big sporting events Wimbledon Tennis is the most class orientated of them all.
Not sure either that you get too many working class kids playing there as well.
29-06-2015, 09:02 PM
Find Reply
bud62 Offline

The maximum winnings for the sidecar boys are even less at £20,000 and to get this amount they have to win BOTH races and be leading for all three laps of each race.
29-06-2015, 09:11 PM
Find Reply
scaramanga Offline

Threads: 25
not good is it
a footballer can get £100000 + a week for being a Dick and a slightly above average dedicated road racer will risk there life for almost nothing
ive never understood the obsession with football and as most clubs are running i debt how can they continuasly pay £20 million for players not many have heard off must be the most corupt sport in the world money laundering comes to mind
__________________________________________________________________________________________________

proud to own and ride a british motorcycle  triumph daytona 675 Hehe
29-06-2015, 09:43 PM
Find Reply
chris Offline

Threads: 5
It has been a few years since the prize money has been altered. Surely it is now time to increase it, after all the number of visitors to the event have gone up. The Senior TT used to be the 'big' event, make the winning prize £50,000.
30-06-2015, 12:00 AM
Find Reply
STEVEVTR Offline

i have always said that all true enthusiasts of the TT would be willing to pay towards increasing the money paid to ALL riders , how this could be done fairly i am not sure .

Steve Green
30-06-2015, 07:30 AM
Find Reply
veefour Offline

Threads: 16
(29-06-2015, 09:02 PM)tigerted Wrote: Hmm might have something to do with the fact that a taxi driver once told me And it was that out of all of the big sporting events Wimbledon Tennis is the most class orientated of them all.
Not sure either that you get too many working class kids playing there as well.

Not sure that you get too many working class spectators either ! Just check out the ticket prices here, http://www.comparetickets.net/wimbledon-...2wodbqkCKg
£4.500 if you want to watch the Men's Final. !!!!!!
Grey-haired riders don't get that way from pure luck.
02-07-2015, 12:52 PM
Find Reply
Kursaal Flyer Offline

Threads: 37
I can supply you something much closer to your heart so much cheaper and totally rewarding and fully appreciated  Exclamation  You will find this information and more on Facebook : Manx grand Prix back a newcomer page .

£200 gets you: your name on a bike, an arranged meeting in the paddock during Manx Grand Prix week, lunch at the 'Jurby Festival of Speed' (Sunday 30th August in the MGP Riders marquee), ticket to the prize presentation (Wednesday 2nd September, the VIP Marquee @the start line, grandstand ticket for the Senior Manx Grand Prix (Friday 4th September), ticket for the Manx Grand Prix prize presentation (Friday 4th September, Villa Marina), signed photograph.

£250 gets you: all the above, but for TWO people .

Now is that a good deal or not .

By the way I am still unbacked Blush    This promotion helps all the riders that are at the sharp end of real racing .
Old enough to know better, young enough to have given it a go ! Icon_cool
(This post was last modified: 02-07-2015, 07:10 PM by Malcolm.)
02-07-2015, 06:43 PM
Website Find Reply
Ackerman Offline

Prize money in all sports is driven by television contracts, merchandise and gate receipts. We do better with TV now than we used to but I think DED got slaughtered a while back for their 'giving away' of merchandising rights and we still advertise it as the greatest 'free show' on earth! Lots has to change before our superstars get their just rewards!
03-07-2015, 07:10 AM
Find Reply
Big thumpa Offline

They need go round the track with a bucket for riders prize fund say every race day I wouldn't mind a tenner a day at least to watch the best in the world

Sucking Rabbits outa Hedges Icon_mrgreen
03-07-2015, 09:35 AM
Find Reply
cookie77 Offline

Threads: 3
fair enough the prize money should be more, I'd say the start money should be even more of a priority.
They are all out there riding to their limits, at least most of the top boys receiving the prize money don't have to cover the major costs of the fortnight, transport, bikes fuel tyres etc.
(This post was last modified: 03-07-2015, 01:56 PM by Malcolm.)
03-07-2015, 01:54 PM
Find Reply