Jamie Hamilton has 'long road' to recovery after TT crash
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Jamie Hamilton has 'long road' to recovery after TT crash
[Image: jamiehamiltoninsenior.jpg]

Jamie Hamilton says he has "a long road to go" before he will be able to ride a motorbike again following his serious crash at last month's Isle of Man TT.

Northern Irishman Hamilton sustained leg and arm fractures and a head injury during the 12 June crash.

In his first Facebook posting  since the crash, Hamilton said he was  facing a "lot of rehabilitation". 

Hamilton paid tribute to road racing medic Dr John Hinds who was killed in an accident at the recent Skerries 100.

"I'd just like to say my thoughts go to the family of John Hinds who sadly lost the fight. He helped me many times in the past," added Hamilton.

Ballyclare man Hamilton said that Wednesday was the first time he had been allowed to turn on his phone in three and a half weeks.

"I've had a brief look over Facebook messages and missed calls and it is so overwhelming to see the support I've had at this difficult time.

"I wish I could reply to everyone individually though at this point I don't feel capable to do so.

"I would like to thank John Burrows, Rachel Burrows all in the Cookstown BE Engineering Team and all my close friends and Helen McComb for the support at this hard time...

"As for anyone wishing to visit myself if they would contact my mum Helen McComb to arrange for when is suitable."

The Northern Irishman, 24, came off his bike during the Senior TT race at a section of the course where riders can reach speeds over 180 miles per hour.

Hamilton was airlifted to hospital in Douglas before being flown to Aintree University Hospital in Liverpool where his condition was initially described as "critical".

[Image: bbcsport.gif]
09-07-2015, 03:24 PM
Website Find Reply
Revvin rich Offline

Threads: 71
RE: Jamie Hamilton has 'long road' to recovery after TT crash
It's good to see he can communicate to everyone which in its self is a good sign but still feeling quite poorly I would imagine keep on making good progress Jamie all the road racing fraternity are behind you
10-07-2015, 07:57 AM
Find Reply