Southern 100 questions
ago/mh1967 Offline

Threads: 3
Southern 100 questions
Hi all, me and a mate are thinking of doing the Southern 100 next year so could you tell me what camp sites are near the pits area (preferably) and roughly the cost of ferry for the bike

We paid about £170 each this year for the TT, so just wandered if its about the same.

Many thanks
....today is the tomorrow that you worried about yesterday.
19-07-2015, 09:59 AM
Find Reply
scaramanga Offline

Threads: 25
RE: Southern 100 questions
the ferry was always cheaper than the tt but it is now up there with the tt price's as demand gets bigger they can exploit this and charge more
as for camping many actually camp in the same field as the race paddock but as this is also getting busier im sure this will stop at some stage but you can camp at stadium corner at castletown football club for a donation to the club
i dont know of any offical camp sites close by but there is the option of the foot ball club on the coarse which isnt too far away from pits
ive always camped in the field where the race paddock is but it is intended for racers and there helpers most of the time i have had a friend who was racing so i always had the connection if any questions were asked
the southern 100 in many ways is better meeting than the tt but in there own right they are both brilliant events
__________________________________________________________________________________________________

proud to own and ride a british motorcycle  triumph daytona 675 Hehe
19-07-2015, 11:36 AM
Find Reply
ago/mh1967 Offline

Thanks for the info scaramanga. I agree that both meetings are superb in their own right.

Iv`e been going to the TT  since 1967 and I dare say I wll go next year, but just for a couple of days, and then do the southern 100 as I`ve heard such good reports about it. It may also give me the chance to do a complete lap of the TT course without the mountain been closed.....lol

Thanks again
19-07-2015, 05:35 PM
Find Reply
scaramanga Offline

Threads: 25
yeah but remember its 2 way over the mountain during the southern
__________________________________________________________________________________________________

proud to own and ride a british motorcycle  triumph daytona 675 Hehe
19-07-2015, 06:32 PM
Find Reply
ago/mh1967 Offline

Yeah, point taken. I like to take it easy anyway.

I saw several incidents this year (and most years) where people were riding well beyond their limits and of course it ends in tears. Such a shame really. Spoils it for everyone.

Cheers for now
19-07-2015, 06:52 PM
Find Reply