Twins tyres advice
MIKE B8S Offline

Threads: 4
Twins tyres advice
A guy I know is doing the newcomers and supertwins race this year. He's planning on taking 3 sets of tyres over the 2 weeks practice and racing (I think medium compound). Was hoping any of you knowledgeable mechanics/ competitors could give me some advice to pass on. Would the 3 sets of tyres be enough? What's the general consensus on how long front/rear tyres last on the twins?

Thanks in advance.
Mike
19-07-2015, 06:37 PM
Find Reply
beetroot Offline

Threads: 0
RE: Twins tyres advice
We run twins in the Manx with newcomers and the TT. 2 riders at the TT used both Metzeler and Dunlop. Metz/pirelli were SC1 front and 160 SC2 rear. The rears lasted up to 6 laps in practise but we had new ones on for the 3 lap race. Dunlops last miles longer with a "strong" Ntec 180 rear at the manx you should easily get 8 laps in with a decent suspesion set up. We will be there in the newcomers and supertwins race on Dunlops so if your struggling for info just ask.
TC Racing- Supporting the MGP and TT for way too long...One more year then were definetly quitting, possibly.. maybe .On second thoughts probably not..
20-07-2015, 08:43 AM
Find Reply
MIKE B8S Offline

Threads: 4
RE: Twins tyres advice
Thanks very much beetroot. Appreciate it
20-07-2015, 06:53 PM
Find Reply