Jamie Hamilton has 'no memory' of biking career following TT crash
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Jamie Hamilton has 'no memory' of biking career following TT crash
[Image: jamiehamiltoninbed.jpg]

Jamie Hamilton says he has no memory of ever riding a motorcycle following his life-threatening crash at last month's Isle of Man TT.

Northern Irish rider Hamilton sustained head injuries plus a broken arm and leg after crashing at 170 miles per hour.

Hamilton, 24, remains in hospital but says that, despite not remembering the crash or indeed ever racing, he intends to compete again.

"I don't remember racing at all ever," Hamilton told BBC Sport NI.

Ballyclare man Hamilton was giving his first broadcast interview since the crash in the Senior TT event on 12 June.

He spoke a day after the announcement that his fellow Northern Ireland rider Stephen Thompson had lost an arm following his serious crash at the North West 200 in May.

Crumlin rider Thompson underwent surgery to have the arm amputated  earlier this week.

Four weeks before his Isle of Man crash, Hamilton achieved podium finishes at the North West 200 meeting in Northern Ireland when he took third in both Supertwins races.

But the rider says he has no memory of those achievements - or any other races during his career.

"I couldn't tell you where I've finished at any track over the past few years," added Hamilton.

"Something comes back every day and I have a memory of something that happened two and a half weeks before my crash but I don't remember ever sitting on a bike or riding it.

[Image: bbcsport.gif]
24-07-2015, 03:27 PM
Website Find Reply
excollier Offline
slow biker, road race fan

Threads: 11
RE: Jamie Hamilton has 'no memory' of biking career following TT crash
Good to see him sitting up, talking and on the mend. I watched the interview and he seems alert and bright enough.

(This post was last modified: 24-07-2015, 08:59 PM by excollier.)
24-07-2015, 08:59 PM
Find Reply
tigerted Offline

Threads: 6
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CeFoIijFJus

Worth watching and so good to see Jamie improving.
31-07-2015, 06:34 PM
Find Reply
scaramanga Offline

Threads: 25
thanks for link tigerted
__________________________________________________________________________________________________

proud to own and ride a british motorcycle  triumph daytona 675 Hehe
01-08-2015, 04:37 PM
Find Reply
Alfie Noakes Offline
Administrator

Threads: 13
I met up with Graham English yesterday, he's looking and doing well physically with the noggin workings coming back together, he's recouping well at home now with ongoing rehab visits.
02-08-2015, 02:50 PM
Find Reply