Medical Services
Dogsbody Offline

Threads: 10
Medical Services
This from the ACU
http://www.acu.org.uk/News/2015/07/Provi...rt-Events/

What next,tender for provision of marshals?
Dogsbody
31-07-2015, 03:44 PM
Find Reply
Dogsbody Offline

Threads: 10
RE: Medical Services
The requirements include the following,
• The service provider shall also be responsible for:

o The recruitment of doctors, paramedics and suitably trained first aid personnel

o Organising pre-event training for immediate care and helicopter procedures for Travelling Marshals and, where appropriate; Doctors, Paramedics and Marshals;

The question is that assuming the provider is well paid for his services, will IMC trained marshals be paid?
Dogsbody

31-07-2015, 04:14 PM
Find Reply
Timmy594 Offline

Threads: 4
Ain't that gonna cost a vast amount more than it does at present? i thought they were all about cutting costs (or was it maximizing profit?)

I can't see a private firm being any better than the tried and tested quality people that have been doing it for years.

So now it gone out for tender and they do contract it to someone then there won't be any more collections for the helicopters as the money will have already been paid in the tender costing. Or will the helicopters cost £9000 per day each like they a supposed to now here in Yorkshire.
01-08-2015, 02:46 PM
Find Reply
Max Power Offline

Threads: 0
This is only a paper exercise, Dr David Stevens has decided to retire from the position of Chief Medical Officer which he has carried out FOC for many years.
The government have to offer contracts to avoid accusations of cronyism.
Dr Stevens will remain in charge of Hogg Rescue and the Rob Vine Fund who provide medical cover, I can't see that changing, as I said it's just a paper exercise I'm sure?

Actually I think the TTMA also have a contract to provide marshals for the TT and MGP so I guess that could be put out to tender in the same way should the need arise?
02-08-2015, 03:30 PM
Find Reply
canamant Offline

Threads: 1
Should the need arise to put the marshal operation out to tender and should any profit be generated from that operation and not be put back directly into the marshal operation, there would be 2 marshals short on the list.
18-08-2015, 06:35 PM
Find Reply
taxman Offline

Threads: 1
I reckon you're safe there can!!
19-08-2015, 01:22 PM
Find Reply