Guy Martin, What would he think of this?
desmophile Offline

Threads: 1
Guy Martin, What would he think of this?
I'm not sure I'm supposed to link to external sites, not that I could anyway, so rather than risk Malcolm's wrath please have a look on the BBC website at the short video of Robbie Madison.

Those of you who enjoyed Guy's attempt to ride a bike on water will be suitably impressed, I certainly was.
04-08-2015, 03:31 PM
Find Reply
Nev14 Offline

RE: Guy Martin, What would he think of this?
Makes Guy's attempt to ride on water rather pathetic.
04-08-2015, 03:59 PM
Find Reply
desmophile Offline

One of the interesting things he says is that he uses a paddle tyre, which intuitively would seem to be right.

I remember on the C4 programme they measured the relative thrust available and ruled the paddle tyre out. Someone's wrong.
04-08-2015, 04:16 PM
Find Reply
Splashdown Offline

Threads: 32
That Robbie Madison video is fantastic,.
Without sounding like a non Guy fan, I always thought is water attempt on the Suzuki crosser was pathetic. His weight distribution was totally wrong. It still made good viewing though.
04-08-2015, 05:52 PM
Find Reply
desmophile Offline

Just watching it again, as someone who used to surf a bit, that shot where he's running in front of that triple overhead wave reminds me of heading into the Glen Helen section with Phillip McCallen rapidly closing. You know something scary is just about to happen, you're just not sure when or where! Mind you, with McCallen, I'm not sure whether he knew either...
04-08-2015, 08:54 PM
Find Reply
Splashdown Offline

Threads: 32
Well he wouldn't have been certain, that's for sure!!
04-08-2015, 09:48 PM
Find Reply
Alfie Noakes Offline
Administrator

Threads: 13
Phil didn't know when to pit one year and shaking the bike side to side at Ballacrye area on lap 3 was very very optimistic- 250 race I think ... there's committing all you have to the course then there's the McCallen approach.
04-08-2015, 10:28 PM
Find Reply
scaramanga Offline

Threads: 25
(04-08-2015, 10:28 PM)Alfie Noakes Wrote: Phil didn't know when to pit one year and shaking the bike side to side at Ballacrye area on lap 3 was very very optimistic- 250 race I think ... there's committing all you have to the course then there's the McCallen approach.

mcallen did run out of petrol 1 year in the earlie 90's after missing his pitstop
he was racing on the road with a friend of mine dave milling and blamed this for forgeting to pit
not sure how true this part is but ive been told phil asked honda why millings bike was as fast as his works honda
__________________________________________________________________________________________________

proud to own and ride a british motorcycle  triumph daytona 675 Hehe
05-08-2015, 10:50 PM
Find Reply
Evilkinevil-15 Offline

Threads: 4
its a fantastic short film. really enjoy'd it
12-08-2015, 11:39 AM
Find Reply