STATUS QUO LEGEND TO PLAY FESTIVAL OF MOTORCYCLING
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
STATUS QUO LEGEND TO PLAY FESTIVAL OF MOTORCYCLING
[Image: coghlansquo.jpg]

One of the original members of the legendary rock band Status Quo is set to perform at the Villa Marina during Festival of Motorcycling, thanks to support from the Isle of Man Steam Packet Company and Sure.

John Coghlan’s Quo will rock the Villa on Saturday, August 29th, with doors opening at 7.00pm. There will be a support act on first at 8.00pm, and, should racing be delayed, it has been agreed that John and the band will not go on stage until after the roads have reopened. Tickets cost £19.50 (£15 for senior citizens and under 16s) and are available via the Villa Gaiety website.

John Coghlan was Status Quo's original drummer in their most successful period from the ‘60s through to the ‘80s. Two years ago he teamed up with Francis Rossi, Rick Parfitt and Alan Lancaster as Status Quo 'Frantic Four', playing two tours, finishing up in April 2014 at a packed O2 Arena in Dublin for their 'Final fling'.

John lived in the Isle of Man for 10 years during the 1980s and 1990s and can’t wait to return. He said:

‘I’m really looking forward to being back on the Island, with my own band, and meeting up with some old friends – and of course seeing lots of bikes!’

Isle of Man promoter Mark Armstrong of TalisMann Promotions said:

‘It all started when I spotted a poster as I passed through Morecambe last summer on my way to my daughter's graduation from Leeds University. After the Frantic Four reunion concerts in 2013 and 2014, which saw John play major arenas with the rest of Status Quo's original line-up, the opportunity to bring John back to the Isle of Man with his own version of Quo was just too irresistible.

‘John's set comprises only the original classic Quo songs that defined the band in the 70s and 80s, which is perfect for Festival of Motorcycling supporters. I can't wait for this one!’

Steam Packet Company Chief Executive Mark Woodward said:

‘We are thrilled to be playing our part in bringing John and his band to the Island. We have more than 3,900 motorcyclists travelling with us for the Festival of Motorcycling, and the name of John Coghlan and the music of Status Quo will I’m sure make this gig one of the highlights of the festival fortnight.’

Sure Marketing Manager Sarah Jarvis added:

‘It’s always a pleasure to support Mark Armstrong and the broad variety of musical events that TalisMann Promotions brings to the Island. I hope that the iconic sound of the classic Status Quo songs will really appeal to locals and to our Festival of Motorcycling visitors alike. It’s going to be noisy and energetic – and it should be great fun!’

[Image: steampackethdr.gif]
19-08-2015, 04:44 PM
Website Find Reply