BENNETTS SUZUKI READY FOR CADWELL PARK BSB
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
BENNETTS SUZUKI READY FOR CADWELL PARK BSB
[Image: bennettsuzukilogo.jpg]

The Bennetts Suzuki team is ready for Cadwell's 'Party in the Park' and round eight of the MCE British Superbike championship this weekend following a successful test at the circuit earlier this month.

Josh Waters and Christian Iddon enjoyed a productive day at the Lincolnshire venue, working on further improving the performance of their GSX-R1000s.

Both riders spent the day testing and trying a variety of ideas to keep developing the bikes' chassis and to help the team give them the best set-up possible for Friday's first free practice session.

Waters said:

"It was a really positive test for us at Cadwell, probably more so than any other test we've had previously. The bike felt a lot better for me at the last round at Thruxton and we found a really good direction to go in at the test. It's constantly improving and hopefully we can pick-up on Friday where we left off at the test. Cadwell Park is unlike anywhere else in the world and it should be a good weekend." 

Iddon commented:

"We're still figuring out how to get the very best from the chassis, but we tried something at the test that helped with one key issue. It's something we've visited briefly before, but always at a race weekend where you don't have the time to try too much, but at the test we could put a lot of effort in to exploring it and I now think we've got a strategy to go with and to keep improving. If your bike is easy to ride Cadwell is one of the best circuits to race at. It's going to be close with so many guys going fast around there, and it's narrow and hard to pass, but like always I'm looking forward to getting started and riding my Suzuki again." 

Team Owner Martin Halsall added:

"Thruxton showed so much promise but ultimately bad luck cost us better results. However, the GSX-R1000 machines were working really well and after a successful and beneficial test at Cadwell we're confident that we'll have a strong set-up and competitive package come race-day. Both Josh and Christian found significant improvements to the set-ups of their machines and were both in a positive place at the end of the test. 

"We have all been working hard this season, and while a few set-up issues have dogged us through the early part of the year, we feel we're definitely in a place now where we can challenge for some strong results and move ourselves nearer the front of the field, starting this weekend at Cadwell Park."

[Image: joshwatersleads.jpg]
20-08-2015, 04:03 PM
Website Find Reply