luggage in the post
maybolezx12r Offline

Threads: 28
luggage in the post
Do any of you guys ever post your luggage over to the Isle of man for TT and what are your experiences with it?One of our group this year has a bike with no luggage capacity and with him and the wife going for 10 days they were wondering about sending there case over.

Cheers

Paul Icon_lol

Mountain Marshal from 2013 Icon_biggrin
14-09-2015, 12:40 PM
Find Reply
Nev14 Offline

Threads: 1
RE: luggage in the post
I have sent my luggage over by Parcelforce for the past two years. Using their 48 hours service it has cost my about £17 each way to send for a weight up tp 10kgs. When I weighed in last year the weight was just 20grams under the limit. I think you can send more at a higher cost. I take it to my local post office to send and have it delivered to my accomodation. I think you get a discount on the price if you take it to or collect it from a parcelforce depot. Other parcel delivery firms may beavailable.
14-09-2015, 04:04 PM
Find Reply
Nasher Offline

Threads: 30
I always did this when riding to the Island, it meant I could have an enjoyable ride (via the backroads) to/from the ferry un-encumbered by luggage - now have a campervan, so no need.

I used to use a courier to send it to the hotel and dropped it off at the post office before heading for the ferry

You need to check Post Office opening/ferry times align!

Link here to parcel comparison site: http://www.myparceldelivery.com/
15-09-2015, 07:54 AM
Find Reply
maybolezx12r Offline

Threads: 28
Cheers guys will pass that on the family that we stay with are very helpful so hopefully we can post it direct to the house.

Mountain Marshal from 2013 Icon_biggrin
15-09-2015, 11:09 AM
Find Reply