Sidecar dream team back for TT
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Sidecar dream team back for TT
[Image: dan&moly2004win.jpg]

The two most successful individuals in the history of the sidecar TT are teaming back up together for 2016.

Dave Molyneux and Dan Sayle have 25 TT wins between them. They last rode together in 2009 when they won the only chair race to be completed.

Previous to that they also won one in 2005 and both sidecar races in 2004.

Sayle is widely acknowledged as the best passenger of the modern age on the course.

He partnered Nick Crowe to the long-standing outright sidecar lap record in 2007, only beaten this year by Moly and Benjamin Binns, before going on to win three TTs with Austrian Klaus Klaffenbock and another with Tim Reeves in 2013. He finished second and third with John Holden this year when standing in for the injured Andy Winkle.

Sayle has partnered Crowe, Klaffenbock, Reeves and Holden to their fastest laps of the Mountain Course.

Molyneux, who has raced with no fewer than 12 passengers in a TT career stretching back to 1985, is by his own admission a perfectionist.

Having given his regular Jurby passenger, Benjamin Binns, his big chance in the TT this year - when they led the first race and finished runners-up to the Birchall brothers in the second (establishing a new outright lap record of 116.785mph in the process), the incident a couple of weeks later at Jurby when Binns lost his grip in the chair and fell out, was the end of their partnership.

‘I’ve got a couple of good years left in me I hope,’ said Moly this week. ‘I’m 52 in November and I’ve still got a few more wins in me. Dan is the best of the lot to partner me as I’ve got a few unticked boxes to complete before I’m too old.’

The dream team will be re-united for the first time in six years at Silverstone this weekend when they, the Birchalls and reigning British F2 champions Alan Founds and Tom Peters will be guest crews in the British F1 championship race.

From 2017, the World Sidecar Championship will be restricted to 600cc engines.

[Image: iomtodaynewlogo.jpg]
02-10-2015, 05:35 PM
Website Find Reply