TYCO BMW & TAS RACING OPT FOR CHANGE OF DIRECTION IN 2016
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
TYCO BMW & TAS RACING OPT FOR CHANGE OF DIRECTION IN 2016
[Image: tycobmwlogo.jpg]

After two enjoyable seasons together with tangible success, TAS Racing would like to thank William Dunlop for his services. Both parties have mutually agreed to pursue different options for 2016.

William was an integral part of the Tyco BMW International Road Racing team this season alongside Guy Martin, and although an international victory eluded him, he did win the Irish Road Racing Superbike title on Tyco BMW S1000RR machinery.

Team Manager Philip Neill explained:

“William has been a great ambassador for us this past two years and on a personal note, I have really enjoyed working with him. I have spoken to William at length and we have agreed mutually to go our separate ways for 2016, but the door has certainly not been closed. There’s every chance he could return in the future and of course everyone at Tyco BMW wishes him well.”

William Dunlop said:

“Philip and all the boys at Tyco BMW were very good to me, so first of all I’d like to thank them for making me feel very welcome. I really enjoyed my two years with the team. I’d also like to thank Tyco, BMW Motorrad and Metzeler tyres for their support, which also helped me clinch this year’s Irish Superbike title.”
06-10-2015, 06:52 PM
Website Find Reply
Superbike Offline

Threads: 4
RE: TYCO BMW & TAS RACING OPT FOR CHANGE OF DIRECTION IN 2016
Ahh gutter for William, I really thought this was a perfect match, Tyco a great team and William an amazing rider and all round good egg a true gentleman. I'm sure he will be offered a top ride and be a success once again, good luck for the future and can't wait to see you clinch your first win at the TT.
06-10-2015, 09:21 PM
Find Reply
modulaire Offline

Threads: 3
William Dunlop in Yamaha R1 Superbike switch for 2016 road races.

Dunlop is set to take on a new challenge in 2016, when he is expected to renew a full-time partnership with loyal backer and Randalstown businessman Chris Dowd of CD Racing in a deal that will see him ride a Yamaha YZF-R1 prepared by former Yamaha World Superbike team engineer Marcus Eschenbacher.

Dunlop will also continue to ride the Yamaha R6 on which he went through the 2015 Irish National roads season unbeaten as he clinched the Supersport title.

http://www.newsletter.co.uk/sport/motorc...-1-6996264

Should be interesting to see how many top riders will switch to the R1 in the next couple of seasons.
07-10-2015, 08:27 AM
Find Reply
Superbike Offline

Threads: 4
Apparently on Williams Twitter account he put that he'd returned from holiday to find he's going to be riding a Yamaha for next season, it's news to him as nothing's been confirmed.
08-10-2015, 12:31 PM
Find Reply