Ian Hutchinson & Josh Brookes linked to Tyco BMW for 2016
modulaire Offline

Threads: 3
Ian Hutchinson & Josh Brookes linked to Tyco BMW for 2016
Isle of Man TT renaissance man Ian Hutchinson could be poised for a sensational move to leading Ulster road race team Tyco BMW.

The Bingley Bullet’s long journey back to the top following his career-threatening crash at Silverstone in 2010 was crowned by a magnificent hat-trick on the island in June, where Hutchy won both Supersport races for Keith Flint’s Team Traction Control Yamaha team and the Superstock event on Paul Bird’s Kawasaki.

Hutchinson, who is among the entries along with PBM team-mate Stuart Easton at the Macau Grand Prix, has been strongly linked to the Moneymore-based TAS Racing outfit and would be viewed as the man who could turn around the team’s barren run at the TT, which stretches back to 2008 when Cameron Donald and Bruce Anstey were the last riders to put the Relentless TAS Suzuki machines on the top step.

Given his success this year with PBM Kawasaki, it seems improbable that Hutchinson – now level with Michael Dunlop on 11 TT wins - would feel the need to look elsewhere for 2016.

However, with Cumbrian team owner Bird rumoured to be changing manufacturer to lead an official Ducati squad in the MCE British Superbike Championship, it is understood Hutchinson has been forced to weigh up his options, with one source claiming a deal with Tyco BMW is all but in place.

While the Ducati Panigale may be an attractive proposition for Bird on the short circuits, it would take a huge leap of faith to believe the machine could win at the TT, where reliability has proved a major problem in the past.

TAS Racing team principal Philip Neill needs a proven TT winner to challenge for the top step again at the most important road racing event in the world and Hutchinson fits the bill perfectly.

With William Dunlop’s departure already confirmed on Tuesday, a vacancy exists within the team for a new face alongside Guy Martin, whose own plans remain unclear for next year as he mulls his future following a crash in the Dundrod 150 Superbike race at the Ulster Grand Prix in August.

Martin has stated that he intends to return to racing in 2016 and was confirmed on the entry list on the Tyco BMW for the Macau Grand Prix before the organisers revealed on Wednesday that he had been a late withdrawal.

It is also understood that Dunlop won’t be the last rider to leave the team, with changes expected in the British championship line-up.

British Superbike champion elect Josh Brookes appears to be in the frame to renew his ties with Neill to revitalise the team’s quest to mount a serious challenge for an elusive BSB title.

Brookes was hopeful his performances on the Milwaukee Yamaha R1 this year would pave the way for a switch to World Superbikes in the new factory Yamaha team, but instead the project was entrusted to the Paul Denning-managed Crescent Racing outfit, with Alex Lowes and 2014 WSBK champion Sylvain Guintoli leading the charge with PATA confirmed as the factory squad’s title sponsors.

The news came as a setback for Brookes and Shaun Muir’s Milwaukee Racing concern, who have been instrumental in the development of Yamaha’s all-new YZR-R1 and as such would have expected the chance to front Yamaha’s official return to the championship next year.

http://www.newsletter.co.uk/sport/motorc...ign=buffer
08-10-2015, 08:34 AM
Find Reply
Yamanx Offline

Threads: 12
RE: Ian Hutchinson & Josh Brookes linked to Tyco BMW for 2016
Hmm, could be Hutchy for Tyco next year, but it could also be Michael Dunlop Smile

"By all means think yourself big, but never think others small........."  R.F. Scott
08-10-2015, 11:30 AM
Find Reply
Superbike Offline

Threads: 4
Might be Hutchy and Michael Dunlop at Tyco, as Guy has stated in the past he doesn't enjoy the TT anymore, it will be interesting to see how it pans out.
08-10-2015, 12:29 PM
Find Reply
modulaire Offline

Threads: 3
Smile  RE: Ian Hutchinson & Josh Brookes linked to Tyco BMW for 2016
Guy doesn't like all the preparation/interviews/commitments at the TT. Judging form his comments he very much likes racing there.

I think it's more likely that Guy stays at Tyco but skips some events like the NW200 - he certainly doesn't enjoy that race Wink
(This post was last modified: 08-10-2015, 12:39 PM by Malcolm.)
08-10-2015, 12:35 PM
Find Reply
scaramanga Offline

Threads: 25
hutchy looks to have built something with paul bird and his team and birdie looks after people he gets on with so for me id think something big would have to come along to split that unit up
__________________________________________________________________________________________________

proud to own and ride a british motorcycle  triumph daytona 675 Hehe
08-10-2015, 08:19 PM
Find Reply
DBD 34 Offline

Threads: 20
Money talks, if the money is right then everything is buyable and sellable, loyalty does not exist anymore.
08-10-2015, 10:02 PM
Find Reply
matjaq Offline

Threads: 1
I don't think in this case it's a question of loyalty or money (although I wouldn't disagree with your comment) I understand PBM will be running Ducatis next year which are not well proven around the TT in recent years, so Hutchy needs to look elsewhere if he is to win the super bike or senior races.

If I recall correctly, back in 2011 or so Hector Neill said he felt that McGuinness and Hutchy are beyond the budget of TAS. Times change though?
(This post was last modified: 17-10-2015, 06:27 PM by Malcolm.)
17-10-2015, 12:51 PM
Find Reply
scaramanga Offline

Threads: 25
paul bird confirmed going back to ducati and shakey and glen irwin will be on them
but wouldnt surprise me to see him keep a kawasaki for the roads
__________________________________________________________________________________________________

proud to own and ride a british motorcycle  triumph daytona 675 Hehe
17-10-2015, 06:48 PM
Find Reply
maybolezx12r Offline

Threads: 28
I understand Guy bring the Tyco team a lot of attention but surley they have got to go for someone who can win a TT?????All this talk from Guy that he`s fed up with the TT and bored of the North West because of the chicanes to me is all nonsense he not bored of the Ulster Grand Prix,Southern 100 or the Scarbourgh Gold cup is this beacuse he can win them...........

Mountain Marshal from 2013 Icon_biggrin
(This post was last modified: 19-10-2015, 10:21 AM by maybolezx12r.)
19-10-2015, 10:20 AM
Find Reply
cregnybaa Offline

Threads: 9
I think he's fed up with the TT because of the circus that goes with it and I think it could be argued that if Joey and one or two others were still with us they would be of the same opinion. If he does win a TT well good for him but even if he doesn't he has still been one of the best road racers ever who has won on the majority of road circuits unlike another TT winner who tends to only ever win at the TT.
(This post was last modified: 19-10-2015, 02:28 PM by Malcolm.)
19-10-2015, 01:32 PM
Find Reply
roger9650 Offline

Threads: 0
Couldn't agree more.
(This post was last modified: 19-10-2015, 06:31 PM by Malcolm.)
19-10-2015, 04:12 PM
Find Reply
HammerHead Offline

Threads: 23
With Josh Brookes a lot will depend on where he is racing in 2016. If he stays in BSB it's possible he would return to the TT but if he switches to WSB (which he gives the impression is his first choice) I think it's pretty unlikely. Either way if he continues to race the new R1M, which seems likely, I can't see him switching to the BMW for one event.

"There is nothing so momentary as a sporting achievement, and nothing so lasting as the memory of it."
19-10-2015, 04:57 PM
Find Reply
DBD 34 Offline

Threads: 20
Going back to Cregnybaa's post above, I would like to see a list of the "another TT winner who tends to only ever win at the TT" because I can think of anyone who has only ever won a TT.....
20-10-2015, 09:56 AM
Find Reply
maybolezx12r Offline

Threads: 28
(19-10-2015, 01:32 PM)cregnybaa Wrote: I think he's fed up with the TT because of the circus that goes with it and I think it could be argued that if Joey and one or two others were still with us they would be of the same opinion. If he does win a TT well good for him but even if he doesn't he has still been one of the best road racers ever who has won on the majority of road circuits unlike a
nother TT winner who tends to only ever win at the TT.

I think the reason there is a "circus" following Guy is due to his TV career more than his racing.So your basically saying John McGuiness(multiple TT winner) is fed up of the TT...............Now thats not true i know for a fact John is not fed up with the TT and am quite sure near would Joey or Robert be.You dont see the as you say "circus" hanging around John`s motorhome because he is not know on TV.There are hoards of people that are not even into bikes or racing queing up to see Guy just because they have seen him on TV.
The way i look at it if Guy was winning at the TT year in year out he would not be fed up with it.As a racer i have upmost respect for Guy but the publicity stunts are wearing thin with me.

P

Mountain Marshal from 2013 Icon_biggrin
20-10-2015, 10:13 AM
Find Reply
Sussex Ninja Gal' Offline

Threads: 11
To be fair to Creg, I don't think he suggested that JM was or is "fed up with the TT". I took it that he thought Guy should be seen as being a great roadracer because he has won - and continues to win - at a variety of meetings other than the TT; and John's remarkable career has seen him become an all-time TT great, but he's had less success, comparatively, at events Guy has excelled at/in. They're both brilliant as far as I'm concerned: however different they are as people and where they've gained their racing success. I just hope we have a few more years of them competing still before they finally hang up their road racing leathers.

ps I saw (c/o the MCN website) that Hutchy's signed up for Tyco BMW. That looks like a great move all round to me, although it'll be interesting to see if Guy (a) Continues with the team & (b) Whether the added competition has the effect of him raising his game further still. However things pan out in the forthcoming months, I certainly think that Tyco could well be right at the business end of the TT Superbike leaderboard next June.
(This post was last modified: 21-10-2015, 11:33 PM by Malcolm.)
21-10-2015, 11:14 PM
Find Reply
Superbike Offline

Threads: 4
Hector Neil has stated that he'd like to bag a senior TT and call it a day and retire, maybe he's looking for two of the best that's available to give them the best chance of a senior win, not sure if the Josh Brookes affair will effect any of this or will Tyco sign another top TT rider like M Dunlop, I've been racing at mountain bike races where Guy's been racing and he gets attention from tv, mountain bike and motorcycle fans wanting a chat autographs pictures, he does at time get swamped and it's normally at the wrong time, personally I think at the TT it's a combination of swamping from fans and being so close to the glory and going so well but no cigar that maybe the tipping point for Guy, I hope to see Guy race at the Isle of Man once again, even if you are not a fan and don't like his ways he is a great road racer.
22-10-2015, 04:26 AM
Find Reply