Moly and Sayle team up with Klaffi for 2016
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Moly and Sayle team up with Klaffi for 2016
[Image: dandave&klaffi1.jpg]

Dave Molyneux describes his link back up with Dan Sayle and the forming of a fresh alliance with Klaus Klaffenbock as a new lease of life.

Approaching his 51st birthday, Moly is relishing the idea of racing on the roads with a really competitive machine and the added bonus of another crack at the short circuits with the aim of having a serious crack at the new 600cc World Sidecar Championship in 2017.

‘I have always had the utmost respect for Klaus [Klaffenbock] because of his skill as a sidecar driver and his professionalism as a team manager and businessman,’ said Molyneux yesterday.

The pair shook on the deal at Brands Hatch over the weekend, where Molyneux and Sayle were guests for the final round of the British F1 championship on their TT lap record-achieving F2 Suzuki.

‘The 600 was 15mph down on the big 1000cc long-bikes, making us about four seconds slower than the fastest F1s over a full lap of the 2.5-mile GP circuit at Brands, but I was happy with that to be honest.

‘I’ve now started work building a new super-lightweight chassis primarily for the short circuits, but we will also have a heavier, more robust chassis for the TT.

‘Klaffi is supplying the Honda engines, which are undoubtedly the proven product and the fastest. His team will also be looking after the rebuilds and the all-important electrical [ECU] side of things for us.

‘As for Dan [Sayle]? Well, he’s a first class passenger and is really good for me. There’s no worries there.’

The FIM is regarding 2016 as a transition year for sidecars at world level. They want a fresh start as they wish to drop the F1 and F2 tags. Next year will be open to the present grid of 1000cc long-wheel base rigs and eight invited 600s who will have a race within a race, with their own prize money and podiums.

By 2017 it will all be 600cc four-cylinder based across the board in the British and world championship.

The deal with Klaus Klaffenbock’s RP Events and Promotions Team is purely for the TT and Southern 100, but the financial support with the engines and electrics will enable Molyneux to give the world rounds a crack in what could be his swansong.

[Image: iomtodaynewlogo.jpg]
24-10-2015, 03:39 PM
Website Find Reply
jimmy182 Offline

Threads: 0
RE: Moly and Sayle team up with Klaffi for 2016
Where does that leave the Birchalls then regarding TT ?
27-10-2015, 09:48 AM
Find Reply
kilbil Offline

Threads: 13
RE: Moly and Sayle team up with Klaffi for 2016
I think the sidecar class will be so big this year in preparation for the full 600cc world championship change in 2017 that all the top crews will have no problem securing rides. Klaffi might do a two man team.

kilbil
27-10-2015, 01:18 PM
Find Reply