Rossi & Marquez come together at the #MalaysianGP, resulting in Marquez crashing out.
luca Offline

Threads: 8
RE: Rossi & Marquez come together at the #MalaysianGP, resulting in Marquez crashi...
There is an agreement between the spanish (bad) boys: Marquez is out of the games this year, and so helps  Lorenzo to win (without this help Rossi had many chances to win!) and next year Lorenzo will help Marquez to get the Championship, cutting out Rossi once more!
This is my modest opinion...
27-10-2015, 10:53 PM
Find Reply
cregnybaa Offline

Threads: 9
RE: Rossi & Marquez come together at the #MalaysianGP, resulting in Marquez crashi...
Just been on moto gp website and it appears that Lorenzo did pass on a yellow and race direction agreed that mm was slowing Rossi deliberately and still they carry on with this witch hunt.  
27-10-2015, 11:04 PM
Find Reply
eman1948 Offline

Threads: 6
Why hasn't Lorenzo been disqualified ????? Pull your finger out Mike Webb and disqualify him, you can`t have a rule for one and not another.
There definitely seems to be a witch hunt to get Rossi .
28-10-2015, 08:32 AM
Find Reply
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Repsol threatens to quit MotoGP over "premeditated" Rossi "kick"

Repsol, title sponsor of the factory Honda MotoGP team, says it could reconsider its involvement in the sport following the Malaysian Grand Prix clash between Valentino Rossi and Marc Marquez.

In a strongly worded statement, the Spanish oil giant slammed Rossi for what it described as a "premeditated" and "unsportsmanlike" kick against Marquez when the duo made contact on the seventh lap of Sunday's Sepang race while fighting for third place.

"Dani Pedrosa achieved a great victory today in the Malaysian Grand Prix - a win that was unfortunately overshadowed by the unacceptable and unsportsmanlike conduct of Valentino Rossi against Repsol Honda Team rider, Marc Marquez," read the statement.

"On the seventh lap of the race, with Marquez and Rossi immersed in a battle for third place that involved several overtaking moves between the two, the Italian - in an absolutely intentional action - dealt an unsportsmanlike kick to the Repsol Honda rider that knocked him to the ground.

"Although Marquez was fortunately able to escape unharmed from the attack, for Repsol the conduct of Rossi is absolutely unacceptable because it endangered - in a premeditated and unsportsmanlike manner - the safety of the Repsol Honda team rider.

"Repsol consider this an unsportsmanlike act incompatible with the values of sport and competition."
Having been the title sponsor of the factory Honda MotoGP effort since 1995, Repsol added that it could reconsider its involvement in the sport, while also calling for a stronger punishment for Rossi, who incidentally rode in Repsol colours on a works Honda in 2002-03.

The Italian rider kept his third place finish, with Race Direction accepting that it was not his intention to cause the Spaniard to crash, but will start from the back of the grid for the title deciding Valencia encounter in two weeks' time.

"Repsol are deeply saddened that situations like that which occurred today in Sepang exist, especially as the company feel proud of sporting values: Companionship, competitive spirit and commitment from riders," continued the statement.

"Without these values, it would not make sense for Repsol to participate in the sport as a sponsor.

"Repsol also call for a clear and strong regulation in the interest of the safety and physical integrity of the riders, which punishes behaviour like that seen today clearly and decisively."

28-10-2015, 11:46 AM
Website Find Reply
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Yamaha says Marquez should be questioned about Rossi MotoGP clash

Yamaha's MotoGP managing director Lin Jarvis believes Marc Marquez's actions towards Valentino Rossi have to be questioned following their controversial clash in the Malaysian Grand Prix.

Rossi was given three penalty points on his licence for causing a collision with Marquez at Sepang, which will result in him being forced to start the championship-deciding final round at Valencia from the back of the grid.

While Rossi's team boss Jarvis said he would not defend Rossi's actions, he believes Marquez was acting in retaliation to comments made by the championship leader prior to the Malaysian race, where Rossi suggested Marquez was trying to interfere with his title hopes.

"The incident on track was the result of at least a couple of races of fierce competition between Marc and Valentino," said Jarvis.

"From the [previous] race in Phillip Island it has led to the accusation Valentino made about Marc's attempt to influence the championship.

"I think what we saw in the race was the revenge of Marc towards Valentino's statements in the media.

"So whilst there was nothing illegal about any single move [by Marquez], you have to see the bigger picture and you have to question the motivation of the style of race and the attempt of Marc to clearly disturb Valentino to the maximum."

Yamaha appealed the decision, which was unanimously rejected by FIM stewards, but Jarvis said it was not in the belief that Rossi was innocent.

"Our job as a team is to defend the interest of our riders," he said.

"So whilst we cannot deny that Valentino's move was not the sort of move we want to see in MotoGP - at the same time we feel the penalty is quite harsh.

"Normally Valentino is not a dirty rider. He is not a rider that creates issues and problems for other people, so as a team we appealed.

"I am not defending his actions - this is why he received the penalty as it was judged that this was not a move within the rules of racing."

28-10-2015, 11:55 AM
Website Find Reply
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

‘This could motivate Rossi even more’ warns boss Lin Jarvis 

Yamaha Racing managing director Lin Jarvis took great pains not to defend the actions of Valentino Rossi at Sepang and, as expected, laid the blame at the feet of Marquez for messing up Rossi’s race.

Jarvis said that although it was a serious incident, no-one was hurt and he also warned that Rossi could come back at Valencia even more determined than ever as he takes up his slot at the back of the grid. “The worst scenario is if someone can’t race again, so today is not the worst scenario. If you analyse the race in detail and study every move of Marc’s, none of them were illegal in any way – but I think you have to see the bigger picture and question the motivation of the style of his race and the attempt to clearly disturb Valentino to the maximum,” said Jarvis.

“That finally resulted in an overflow of frustration from Valentino, that resulted in a boiling over. He made a move, an incorrect move, that took Marc out towards the side of the track. Unfortunately Marc tried to turn in, hit the leg, and that caused him to fall off.

“I’m very sad that that incident resulted in the crash of another rider. Valentino was found the one in the race that did a manoeuver that was not legal, and that’s why finally he was the one who was penalised. He was initially given a penalty of three points, which when you add it together with the one he already has means he will start from the back of the grid.

“Our job as a team is to protect the interests of our riders, so while we cannot deny that Valentino’s move is the sort of move that we want to see in MotoGP, at the same time we feel the penalty is quite harsh, especially when Valentino is not normally a dirty rider. He’s not a rider that creates issues or problems for other people.

“As a team, we appealed to the FIM and the first decision of the race control. They heard him, also consulted race direction, consulted Marc Marquez and Honda, and finally after a period of forty five minutes we have the results of the appeal, which was rejected.

“The original penalty of three points against Valentino stands, and in the process of appealing, if the FIM steward rejects your appeal and agrees with the original decision, it is no longer appealable – it becomes final. It’s case closed.

That means now that Valentino Rossi will go to Valencia with this penalty.

“I think that the three points not being enough is Jorge’s personal opinion, and everyone can have their own opinion. But it’s not his job to decide the rules of the FIM world championship. It’s not my job either – that’s the job of the race stewards. It’s his opinion, and that’s all I can say. 

“Every incident is different, and if race control were to take a rash decision, without fully analysing the footage like they did in the end, by asking Marquez, by asking Rossi – you cannot take that decision in a flash.

“Well, you can, but you stand the risk of making a major mistake – and if that major decision is going to have a major effect on the championship, it’s better to take some time.

“It’s not only what I have seen, it’s also what Valentino explained. I think the images back it up. A kick is an aggressive forwards motion, but in this case his foot went backwards. Valentino said he was touched, his leg went off the foot rest and flicked out. I don’t think it’s very wise to try and kick a 157kg RCV!

“I’m not defending the actions – and that’s why he received the penalty. It was judged that it was a move not in the spirit of the rules of racing.

“There are always many different ways of addressing a problem, and perhaps that’s what provoked Marc into being quite aggressive on the track. I don’t know. You’d need to ask Marc about that. Every action has a consequence. That’s life! 

“If anything, knowing him, this will probably make him more motivated to come back and to try to do another memorable season like this. And the championship isn’t over - you have to keep that in mind.

He has a seven-point lead, and while he’s at a massive disadvantage starting from the back, in racing anything can happen. “You never know if he can salvage something. Anything can happen. I’ve been to Valencia before where I was dead sure Valentino was going to win the championship and he didn’t because something happened – something uncontrollable.

MotoGP is highly competitive, and while it gives Jorge a lot more chance to win, he still has a seven point deficit.”

[Image: motogplogo.jpg]
28-10-2015, 12:19 PM
Website Find Reply
cregnybaa Offline

Lin Jarvis said, Our job as a team is protect our riders, well ouite obviously lorenzo with his comments ain't in the same team.
I would be happy to see rossi go to superbike next year, taking all of his money and sponsors out of moto gp leaving it to become the Spanish races sponsored by repsol and run mainly by the Spanish for the Spanish.
28-10-2015, 12:23 PM
Find Reply
HammerHead Offline

Threads: 23
RE: Rossi & Marquez come together at the #MalaysianGP, resulting in Marquez crashing out.
Twice in the laps leading up to the incident Rossi's left leg came off the peg and flicked outwards - a balancing act brought on from pushing hard in their duel. That it should again come off the peg and flick out after having been bumped shouldn't really be a surprise to anyone.

To me it looks as if he has pushed (not kicked) with his knee to move Marquez away after Marquez has made contact. It was a complete fluke that this caught the Honda's brake lever and caused the fall.

I'd say it was a 'racing incident' with no forethought or planning. The penalty seems harsh.

"There is nothing so momentary as a sporting achievement, and nothing so lasting as the memory of it."
28-10-2015, 12:36 PM
Find Reply
eman1948 Offline

Threads: 6
Rossi to WSB now you`re talking what an uplift that would for them. Rossi riding bikes similar to what the public can buy. Crowds would be flocking to the circuits to watch him.
Hope he`s thinking about it, he could ride for another 10 years.
28-10-2015, 12:39 PM
Find Reply
choke Offline

Threads: 7
RE: Rossi & Marquez come together at the #MalaysianGP, resulting in Marquez crashing out.
The yellow brigade seems quite busy posting here... This move should have never been made, on Any circuit. If mr Bigmouth was fast enough, he should have been past MM in a couple of laps. But he wasnt. Not for the last couple of races either. JL got stronger and stronger. His tactics came completely against him, since his accusations afte PI. He should have got a Black Flag immediately. Loosing 13 sec on racewinner... and then tell he had the pace... incredible his excuses. Poor man. I bet he gets the welcome he deserves in Valencia.
28-10-2015, 06:41 PM
Find Reply
cregnybaa Offline

In answer to above if you are going to start handing out black flags then Lorenzo should have had a black flag first for overtaking under a waved yellow as admitted by race control, Then the incident would not have happened. as regarding the move I have been racing for over thirty years and have been taken wide by other riders more times than I care to remember. just think back to the north west last year, William was taken wide by mister seeley after wards he said it was just a bit of fairing bashing we do it all the time at Bsb. nothing was said and that's on the roads. if you are referring to me as a yellow brigade I am not I own nothing whatsoever that relates to Rossi, but believe me moto gp would have been on its bottom by now without Rossi.
28-10-2015, 07:36 PM
Find Reply
Splashdown Offline

Threads: 32
I agree with you Creg ny Baa.
Although I haven't watched the whole race, I have seen highlights. Marquez seemed to be messing with Rossi, and purposely trying to spoil his race.
On the corner where the crash took place, that's happened to me in the past, but it's a brave man who does what Marques did, (i.e. lean back on Rossi when he'd been run out wide). Generally the rider on the inside will be the winner, so.....what on earth was Marquez doing by trying to lean back onto Rossi. It just seemed a petulant move to me, and not one you would want to attempt if you fancied coming out of the corner in one piece.
28-10-2015, 09:44 PM
Find Reply
scaramanga Offline

Threads: 25
for me what happened spoiled a good piece of entertaining viewing and the writting was on the wall long before it actually ended up with 1 off them on the floor
rossi is no more guilty than marquez both were playing games rather than racing
while i dont actually class myself as a rossi fan i will say i hope he wins the title as i think he deserves it would rather he won the title than lorenzo
im not a fan of any of the top moto gp riders at present but i do respect them and recognise they are all very good riders and racers
__________________________________________________________________________________________________

proud to own and ride a british motorcycle  triumph daytona 675 Hehe
28-10-2015, 11:51 PM
Find Reply
Rednine Offline

Threads: 5
Marquez was not racing for the championship, he rides the faster bike. He should therefore have passed Rossi once and cleared off. End of.

Smoke me a kipper...........................I'll be back for breakfast Icon_wink
29-10-2015, 07:08 PM
Find Reply
luca Offline

Threads: 8
Michael Laverty on Facebook:

"Marc broke the unwritten rule, always RESPECT those fighting for a Championship when you're not."
30-10-2015, 10:24 AM
Find Reply
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Valentino Rossi appeals FIM Stewards’ decision

The sanction imposed by the Race Direction at the Malaysian GP is suspended for now, with a final decision expect Nov. 6th.

On the basis of Article 3.4.2, para 3 of the FIM Road Racing World Championship Grand Prix Regulations, Mr Valentino Rossi has filed an Appeal against the decision taken by the Race Direction of the Shell Malaysia Motorcycle Grand Prix in Sepang, penultimate round of the FIM MotoGP Grand Prix World Championship, and confirmed by the FIM Stewards, to award 3 penalty points to Mr Rossi following an incident on Turn 14.

In appealing to the Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS), Mr Rossi seeks annulment or reduction of the penalty. He further requests stay of execution of the decision in accordance with Article R37 of the Code of Sports-Related Arbitration.

The FIM will not comment any further at this time.

(13:00hrs - Friday 30th October)

[Image: motogplogo.jpg]
30-10-2015, 03:08 PM
Website Find Reply