Yamaha Gears Up for the Spanish Grand Finale
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Yamaha Gears Up for the Spanish Grand Finale
[Image: yamahamovistarlogo.jpg]

Movistar Yamaha MotoGP's Valentino Rossi and Jorge Lorenzo prepare to go head-to-head during the final round of the 2015 MotoGP season at Circuit de la Comunitat Valenciana - Ricardo Tormo this weekend where the championship will be decided.

Movistar Yamaha MotoGP have made their way back to Europe to wrap up the 2015 MotoGP season in Spain this weekend at the Gran Premio de la Comunitat Valenciana.

With just seven points separating Valentino Rossi and Jorge Lorenzo in their battle for the championship title, the riders are shaping up for a fierce battle on Sunday.

After three intense race weekends overseas Valentino Rossi arrives in Spain with a chance to win his tenth World Championship Title, which would be his eighth in the premier class. Though Valencia is admittedly not his favourite stop on the MotoGP calendar, he has enjoyed his fair share of success there and hopes to add another top result to his tally. In previous years he secured two premier class wins in 2003 and 2004, three second places in 2002, 2009 and 2014, and three third places in 2005, 2008, and 2010.

Teammate Lorenzo rode three very strong races during the fly-away rounds and arrives at his fourth and final home Grand Prix of the season ready for battle. He looks forward to delighting his fans with another podium place this weekend and hopes to celebrate with them his fifth World Championship title victory, his third in the MotoGP class. So far Lorenzo has claimed two premier class victories at this circuit in 2010 and 2013 and a third place podium position in 2009.

The 4.0 km Ricardo Tormo circuit was completed in 1999 and has a unique atmosphere since the round of Valencia became the traditional closing stage of the MotoGP calendar in 2002. The circuit is known to draw record crowds and it will be even more popular this year as the 2015 championship will be decided in the final race of the season, making it a must-be-at event. The layout of the circuit permits fans a perfect view of all parts of the track from every stand, so they won't miss any of the final racing action.

[Image: yamahaprevalencia1.jpg]

Valentino Rossi  - Championship: 1st, 312 points

"It will be a very intense weekend and also a very important one. I want to think just about what will happen at the track. My goal is to work at my best capabilities with my team and make the most of every session to get to the race on Sunday with everything I need to express myself in the best way possible. I'm still waiting to hear the decision of the CAS, but I hope I can do a normal GP to battle and fight for the title on equal terms with Jorge. In Valencia there will be so many fans and I'm glad for that. I'll try to do my best on the track."

Jorge Lorenzo  - Championship: 2nd, 305 points

"We have arrived in Valencia after a very busy and exciting season. In Malaysia we got a good result and we recovered more points in the championship, but I will skip past all that happened there and stay focused in Cheste, where there is a lot at stake. I hope the fans will support us at home and that we will have a good race. This year I won the previous three races that were held in Spain and to do well in Valencia would be amazing. I've always noticed the warmth of the fans and I'm sure in Valencia we will enjoy a great show. I will give everything on the track to get this championship title."

Massimo Meregalli - Movistar Yamaha MotoGP Team Director

"The end of the season is rapidly approaching as we head to Valencia for the final race. This weekend will be a very important one for Yamaha as we will officially claim the 'Triple Crown'. I'm sure the fans are just as curious as we are about which of our riders will win the rider title. Both Vale and Jorge are in top shape and we are sure they will put in their maximum effort as they always do. Throughout the entire season the team and riders have done a great job and we are motivated to work hard this weekend to give it our all in the last race. We aim to hit the ground running in the first session on Friday, so our riders have the means to close the season in the best way possible."
04-11-2015, 08:06 PM
Website Find Reply