Buchan makes Ducati switch with Moto Rapido for 2016 MCE BSB
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Buchan makes Ducati switch with Moto Rapido for 2016 MCE BSB
[Image: danbuchanonducati.jpg]

Danny Buchan will return to the MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship in 2016, making a dynamic switch to Ducati with the Lloyds British Moto Rapido team after an impressive rookie campaign this year.

The 22-year-old from Essex, nicknamed ‘Boom’ Buchan, is one of the stand-out young British rising stars.  A dominant 2014 National Superstock 1000 Championship title preceded promotion to the premier class in 2015, where he instantly impressed with his pace during pre-season testing and claimed two podium finishes at Oulton Park.

The Winchester-based Lloyds British Moto Rapido Ducati team celebrated their strongest campaign to date in MCE BSB this season, claiming their first podium finish at the Brands Hatch season finale and have already announced a support package with Ducati UK for their forthcoming campaign.

Buchan said:

“This really is a great opportunity for me and I think the Ducati should really suit my style. It is a great feeling to have signed for the team at this stage of the year and I can’t wait to start working with them because they are a really close knit and hard working team so I feel that together we can achieve big things - we have seen how strong the Ducati can be towards the end of last season.

“I learnt so much during this year and my first full season in BSB. My approach to it did change slightly during the season where I was learning more and starting to set realistic goals and that is when the results started to come at the end of the year. I learnt a lot more race craft this season so I really think we can be stronger in 2016 because I can build on my previous experiences.

“We have a really good test programme already scheduled and we are all really behind this project - I feel the whole team is like a family. I have ridden a Panigale before when I was in Australia and I absolutely loved it, so I can’t wait to get on the Moto Rapido one for the first time. I want to thank Moto Rapido, Ducati UK and everyone else who has made this possible – I can’t wait to get started now!”

Team Owner Steve Moore commented:

“2016 is set to be our best year yet, the continued backing and support from Lloyds British has allowed us to move forward and commit to next season early.  We have had our eye on Danny for a while now because he really has taken some big steps forward in recent seasons and we are utterly convinced that he will really suit the Ducati. He knows all the circuits and now has Superbike class experience so the time was right to get his signature.  We have a good base to start off with, so I think this is a really good match with a lot of promise. We truly believe that we have signed one of the biggest young talents in Britain right now and with our comprehensive winter testing programme, we will be ready for the start of the new season.”

[Image: motorapidologo.jpg]
05-11-2015, 02:11 PM
Website Find Reply