Disappointing start to Valencia weekend for Redding
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Disappointing start to Valencia weekend for Redding
[Image: marcvdshdr.jpg]

Scott Redding endured a difficult start to his Valencia weekend, with the Team Estrella Galicia 0,0 Marc VDS rider ending the day only 23rd fastest and two seconds off the pace.

The 22-year-old Briton struggled to find a comfortable setting with his Honda RC213V today. With the rear spinning and pumping under acceleration Redding was robbed of his confidence and was unable to push for a fast lap. Despite the team trying a variety of set up options on both bikes, the problems remained.

Redding will sit down with his crew tonight to try and find a solution ahead of tomorrow morning’s third free practice session.

[Image: scottreddingvalencia1.jpg]

Scott Redding: 23rd - 1’33.143

"Today was the most difficult day I’ve had on the bike. It just felt like the bike wasn’t working for me and I spent all my time fighting with it rather than riding it. It was spinning and pumping at the rear and the front felt like it was going to close all the time, more so on the softer option tyre, which should have better. I couldn’t put two laps together because of having to fight the bike in every corner and when I pushed harder I was making mistakes and running wide. We tried a few things but they didn’t give an improvement. We need to look for a solution tonight; maybe the electronics can help us, but we need to find something.”

Michael Bartholemy: Team Principal

"It was a difficult first day that we finished two seconds off the front guys. We tried a lot of things in these two sessions but we haven't been able to find anything to help Scott. He isn't feeling a big difference between the two bikes, the settings or the tyres that we've tried. When this happens it makes our life difficult to find a solution for tomorrow, but that won’t stop us trying.”

06-11-2015, 04:34 PM
Website Find Reply