Seventh row start for Redding in Valencia
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Seventh row start for Redding in Valencia
[Image: marcvdshdr.jpg]

Scott Redding continued to struggle at Valencia with the Team Estrella Galicia 0,0 Marc VDS rider only able to qualify 19th for tomorrow's final race of the season.

Having set the 20th fastest time in qualifying Redding will be elevated one position following Valentino Rossi's back of the grid penalty. This was the worst qualifying performance of the year for the Briton but having found over seven tenths of a second from yesterday there were clear improvements made today.

A significant change to the electronics settings helped improve the feeling on the bike and while the grid slot will handicap Redding considerably tomorrow he feels that he has a more consistent feeling with the bike ahead of the race.

The 30-lap race will be a challenging end to the year for Redding but it is possible to move through the field at Valencia with numerous overtaking opportunities in the heavy braking zones.

[Image: scottreddingvalenciaquali.jpg]

Scott Redding: 20th – 1’32.448

"We made some big changes to the electronics and some to the chassis and they've helped us compared to yesterday. We had a small crash in FP4 and I had to use my second bike in qualifying. I didn't have a great feeling with that bike but the main thing was that we improved from yesterday. I feel better and more consistent so we'll have to see what we can do in the race, which is gong to be tough whichever way you look at it."

Michael Bartholemy: Team Principal

"There was some improvement compared to yesterday but it looks like it will be a difficult race tomorrow. Maybe even scoring some points will be challenging. It's difficult to understand why this is happening this weekend and why we're so far off the pace. We've been having some good races in the second half of the season but I think that we have to accept that this is happening this weekend and we have to push to make our best result possible tomorrow."

07-11-2015, 04:54 PM
Website Find Reply