Redding salvages a point from difficult Valencia weekend
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Redding salvages a point from difficult Valencia weekend
[Image: marcvdshdr.jpg]

Team Estrella Galicia 0,0 Marc VDS rider, Scott Redding, declared the Valencia weekend his most difficult yet, despite fighting his way into the points in today’s MotoGP race.

Redding has struggled all weekend to find a good feeling with his Honda RC213V, with the problems continuing in the first half of the 30-lap MotoGP encounter. But as the race progressed the feeling improved and this was reflected in the 22-year-old Briton’s lap times.

Over the final ten laps Redding was able to work his way up from 20th position, passing the riders ahead of him to finish 15th at the chequered flag.

The Valencia race was the last for Redding as a Team Estrella Galicia 0,0 Marc VDS rider, as he will switch teams for the 2016 season.

[Image: reddingvalencia2.jpg]

Scott Redding: 15th

“This weekend has been the most difficult one of the season and we don’t really know why, we just struggled with a lack of grip and a lack of feeling. To be honest, I’m not happy with the result, but it could have been worse. From the start I didn’t have any front grip and the bike was skidding a lot under braking. I was missing rear traction as well and I had accepted it was going to be a long old race. But then halfway through the bike came to me and I was able to push a bit more. The lap times were improving with every lap and I was able to regain positions in the last ten laps. My goal, as always, was top ten, but it was a big ask this weekend because we’ve had a lot of difficulties since the first practice session. It wasn’t the race I was looking for, but it also wasn’t as bad as I thought it might be. Now it’s done and I must look to the future, but I’d like to say a big thank you to Marc van der Straten and the team for their support this season.”

Michael Bartholemy: Team Principal

“It’s been a difficult weekend, from the first lap to the last, but we came away with a point when we thought even that would be a struggle ahead of the race. This was our first season in MotoGP and I think we’ve learnt a lot and we will go into next year with some lessons learnt and more experience. Thank you to Scott for this season. It was good to work again with someone who has been a big part of this team since we started and we wish him every success for the future.”

08-11-2015, 06:10 PM
Website Find Reply