Rapid rookie Mossey set for second season with Quattro Plant Kawasaki
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Rapid rookie Mossey set for second season with Quattro Plant Kawasaki
[Image: lukemosseysignsfor2016.jpg]

Luke Mossey will return with the Quattro Plant Kawasaki team with the backing of Tec-care to fight for the 2016 MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship after an impressive rookie season as he became the Riders Cup title-winner.

The 23-year-old from Royston near Cambridge moved up from the Motorpoint British Supersport Championship this year and instantly impressed with his pre-season testing pace. He continued to build momentum during the season and went on to celebrate his first podium finish in the championship at Thruxton and then backed it up with a repeat performance at Assen with another third place finish.

Mossey is now feeling confident of aiming higher in his second campaign as he targets a position in the end of season Showdown.

The team have already begun their preparations for the forthcoming season, working hard to begin the development of the new 2016 ZX10R and have had a positive start with their recent dyno runs ahead of their first on track test in Spain early next year.

Mossey said:

"Last season was great for me, it was hard work but it was also an experience and after such a good first year in BSB, it was an obvious choice to stay with the team and build on our results. We had podium finishes in our first season and with a new model for next year, I feel that we can prove ourselves again next season as I want us to regularly challenge for the podium. Everyone wants to be in the Showdown, but I think that should be our aim and if we are consistent and up at the sharp end we should be in a good position.  I am just buzzing about getting to Spain now at the start of next year and get testing underway ready for the first round."

Team Owner Pete Extance commented:

"Luke has been a real credit to himself and the team in 2015. He has done a very professional job in his first season on the Superbike, scoring two podiums and securing the Riders' Cup in a highly competitive class. Now with his first season behind him, we feel he can really mix it at the front and hopefully compete for the all-important place in the Showdown and the Championship."

The team will announce their second rider during the Motorcycle Live Show at the NEC Birmingham on Saturday 28 November at the Kawasaki stand.

[Image: bsblogo.jpg]
13-11-2015, 08:43 PM
Website Find Reply