PETER HICKMAN JOINS JG SPEEDFIT KAWASAKI IN BSB AND HEADS GBMOTO’S ROADS CAMPAIGN!
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
PETER HICKMAN JOINS JG SPEEDFIT KAWASAKI IN BSB AND HEADS GBMOTO’S ROADS CAMPAIGN!
[Image: jgspeedfitbighdr.jpg]

Following weeks of speculation, the GBmoto Racing team is delighted to announce that Peter Hickman will be returning to the squad to join James Ellison in the JG Speedfit Kawasaki MCE British Superbike Championship, as well front GBmoto’s challenge for podiums at the North West 200, Isle of Man TT and Ulster Grand Prix.  

With James Ellison already announced to ride for the JG Speedfit Kawasaki team, Peter Hickman will make his return to the GBmoto run squad, completing the official factory supported Kawasaki team’s MCE British Superbike Championship line up. As one of the most popular riders within the paddock, ‘Hicky’ as he is known to his fans, has established himself as one of the front runners in the competitive Championship having enjoyed five podiums, including a memorable victory at Cadwell Park in recent years. With an extensive test schedule on the all-new Kawasaki ZX-10R Superbike, including joining the official World Superbike team, the JG Speedfit Kawasaki team aim to hit the ground running when the BSB season kicks off on April 8th at Silverstone, with the goal of securing both riders in the Showdown for the first time.

Alongside the British Superbike campaign Peter will also front GBmoto’s Road Racing assault, competing at the three International Road Races; the North West 200, Isle of Man TT and Ulster Grand Prix. Even though 2016 will only be his third season racing ‘between the hedges’, Hicky has proven a revelation on the roads, becoming the eighth fastest rider in history around the iconic TT course and taking his first victory at the Ulster Grand Prix in August. Peter will race the factory backed GBmoto ZX-10R Kawasaki in the Superstock and Superbike races at all three events.

[Image: petehickmanwithjgspeedit.jpg]

Excited to join the team for the first test on the all-new ZX-10R, Peter Hickman said,

“I’m really pleased to be joining Mark and the GBmoto squad again. They’re an incredibly professional outfit and with the factory support from Kawasaki, coupled with the awesome new ZX-10R, it’s the best package on the grid. I’m also really excited to be working with James as a team mate, it’s the first time I’ve ever had a genuine title challenger sharing the garage with me! The goal for BSB this year is of course to first be in the Showdown, but also challenging for podiums and wins. 

I’m really looking forward to getting the Kawasaki out on the Roads too. It will be the first time I’ve ridden a different bike at the North West, TT and Ulster, but the new Superbike is an absolute weapon on paper and with factory support, I see no reason why it won’t relate to the track. To get the first win this year was incredible, and although it takes a lot of luck I definitely think we’ll be able to challenge at the front in 2016!”

GBmoto Racing Team Principal Mark Smith-Halvorsen added,

“I’m really pleased to have Peter back with the team for 2016. Over the last couple of years he’s proven to be one of the rare breed of riders who is capable of not only running at the front of the MCE British Superbike Championship but also compete for glory on the Roads. Our aim for next season is to get him into the BSB Showdown along with James, he’s shown he can secure podiums and race wins and I’m confident that with the JG Speedfit Kawasaki package he’ll be able to challenge for the same every weekend. 

On the Roads side of things, we’re under no illusions as to how tough it is to run at the front and secure a podium. It will be only our second year competing between the hedges, but Peter has shown his incredible talent, remaining the fastest ever newcomer to the TT as well as setting the eighth fastest lap in history around the course and also securing an Ulster Grand Prix win in only his second year! We’ll approach the three events with the same professionalism and enthusiasm as we do for everything and with increased support from Kawasaki, I’m confident we’ll be able to have a very strong showing!”

16-11-2015, 12:39 PM
Website Find Reply