Devitt RC Express Racing add Bonner to 2016 line-up
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Devitt RC Express Racing add Bonner to 2016 line-up
[Image: rcexpresshdr.jpg]

Devitt RC Express Racing have today (Sunday) announced they will be expanding their team to a two-strong line-up for the 2016 International road racing season, with Eire’s Alan Bonner joining 2015 Lightweight TT race winner Ivan Lintin.

The Bristol-based team, led by father and son Roy and Ben Constable, have risen through the road racing ranks since their debut mid-way through the 2012 season, becoming one of the most successful teams in the paddock firstly with Dean Harrison and more recently with Lintin. The team took their first podium at the Isle of Man TT in 2014 when Harrison took second in the Superstock TT before going one better a few days later with a superb victory in the Lightweight TT. Lintin then gave the team further success in 2015 as they regained their Lightweight TT title.

With Lintin already confirmed for 2016, Bonner joins the team on the back of a highly successful 2015 TT campaign which saw him become the fastest ever rider from Southern Ireland to lap the Mountain Course, breaking the late Martin Finnegan’s long-standing mark.

Having made his TT debut in 2014, winning two bronze replicas in the Supersport races, Bonner excelled in his second year of competing on the Island, lapping at 127.090mph on his way to finishing in an excellent 15th place in the Senior. That gave him his second silver replica in the process after finishing 18th earlier in the week in the Superstock race. He also finished 16th and won a bronze replica in the opening Superbike race.

Meanwhile, the 2010 Irish Senior Road Race Champion took 16th in the solitary Superstock race at this year’s North West 200 whilst he also took a double race victory at the Kells Road Races in July.

Now fully recovered from injuries sustained in a qualifying accident at the Ulster Grand Prix, the Stamullen rider will campaign a Kawasaki ZX-10R Superstock machine in all of the 1000cc races at the Isle of Man TT, North West 200 and Ulster Grand Prix road races.

Alan Bonner:

“I'm delighted to be joining Devitt RC Express Racing for 2016. I've admired the team for years and have seen the commitment they have to their riders. They have a very professional set up and some of the best technical people in the sport working within their team. I can't thank them enough or their sponsors for this opportunity especially Mann Camping. I'd also like to thank all my personal sponsors for supporting me and am looking forward to getting out to Spain with them in early March to start testing.”

Ben Constable, Team Co-owner:

“I’m really pleased to have Alan on board for the internationals in 2016. Alan has shown great pace this year at the TT becoming the fastest Southern Irishman ever to lap the Mountain Course and was running inside the top 10 in qualifying at the Ulster GP in Superstock, just before his accident. With more of a team infrastructure behind him we firmly believe there is a lot more to come from him. His first outing on the ZX10R will be in Spain in March and we can’t wait to get going.”

[Image: abonnerwithrcexpress.jpg]
Alan Bonner (left) with Ben Constable, Danny Horne, Roy Constable and Ivan Lintin

Photogrpah by Jon Jessop Photography
06-12-2015, 01:23 PM
Website Find Reply