Shakey and Irwin set for Be Wiser Ducati debut in Portimao
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Shakey and Irwin set for Be Wiser Ducati debut in Portimao
[Image: shakeyeyesducati.jpg]

Shane 'Shakey' Byrne and Glenn Irwin will debut the Be Wiser Ducatis this week as the team descend on Portimao to kick off their 2016 MCE British Superbike Championship campaign with the official Ducati test at the Portuguese circuit.

The test will mark the first on track appearance for the Be Wiser Ducatis since the team's switch from Kawasaki machinery at the end of last season as Shakey is reunited with the Italian manufacturer and Irwin makes his debut on the full specification Superbike. The team will have two days on track alongside the Lloyds British Moto Rapido Ducati squad before moving to Almeria for a further two days on track.

Shakey said:

"It almost sounds corny saying you can't wait for testing and the new season as that is what we all say at this time of the year, but for me as Shane 'Shakey' Byrne and for the team, Be Wiser and everyone else involved, this is the most excited I have been looking ahead to a season in a long time! It is like a completely new start with Ducati and the new crew I have, but we still have the foundations of the team that together have won championships.

"This week I drove for five hours to the team workshop just to go and deliver my kit bag and sit on the new girl before we go testing at the end of the week and I think that shows my enthusiasm already! I even got involved with the dyno work before the bikes were loaded to leave because I just wanted to get on it and get a feel for it on the dyno, which isn't something I have done before, but it felt so cool!

"It is obviously early days but the team have done a fantastic job so far and I am so keen and curious to see what she is like on track in BSB spec compared to the previous Ducatis that I have ridden. We can then start working on making the package the best we can during testing so we are ready for the first round.

"It is really cool for me to be going back to Portimao as that is a track where I know in the past I have had some good results and tests when I was in the world championship and so we can concentrate on learning the new bike and then move to the new Almeria circuit. We can then take what we have learnt and get ready for the next tests when we can then get a direct comparison.  All I can say is this test can't come soon enough and I wish it was time to go racing now after what feels like a very long winter!"  

Irwin said:

"I have spent the last couple of days at the workshop with the team getting ready for the Be Wiser Ducati team's first test in Portimao. I am really excited to get on the Superbike now and I am absolutely buzzing to get out on the Superbike for the first ever time.

"The Ducati is the bike I have always wanted to ride so it is fantastic. I have been working hard behind the scenes as there are going to be some obvious differences - the Superbike is going to be a rocket ship on the first day that's for sure, but I am ready to get stuck in and I am looking forward to a successful season."

[Image: bsblogo.jpg]
21-01-2016, 12:08 PM
Website Find Reply