Haslam ‘like a kid in a sweet shop’ ahead of JG Speedfit Kawasaki debut
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Haslam ‘like a kid in a sweet shop’ ahead of JG Speedfit Kawasaki debut
[Image: haslampromojgspeedfit.jpg]

Leon Haslam is counting down the days until he makes his much-anticipated debut with the JG Speedfit Kawasaki team next week at Jerez ahead of his MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship return.

World and British Superbike Championship title runner-up Haslam will join team-mates James Ellison and Peter Hickman for the two day test at Jerez and is already looking ahead to his Kawasaki debut, having last rode on track at Doha in October when he was victorious in the final WSBK race of the season.

Haslam said:

"I am so excited about the first test with the JG Speedfit Kawasaki team. Every year you are excited to get out again for the new season, but this year has so many new factors for me to look forward to. I have not ridden a Superbike since Doha in October and I can't wait to get the ball rolling. I have been and visited the team and I felt like a kid in a sweet shop; I can't wait to get my leg over it!

"This is all different for me, so the first test is to get comfortable on the Kawasaki and I am looking forward to working with the boys as James [Ellison] has a lot of experience with the bike and I know I have to adjust to the Kawasaki and the different spec. The Kawasaki has so much potential and I am hoping that the fact that BSB spec doesn't run all the electronics means that I can get on and just ride it and get the laps in rather than spend so much of the day sat in front of a laptop! This is an exciting time for me and the team and we can't wait to get started."

[Image: bsblogo.jpg]
24-01-2016, 01:49 PM
Website Find Reply