Buchan leaves positive Portimao test with “more still in the bag”
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Buchan leaves positive Portimao test with “more still in the bag”
[Image: buchanportimaotest.jpg]

Danny Buchan and the Lloyds British Moto Rapido Ducati team have wrapped up a two day official Ducati test at Portimao feeling confident of their early progress ahead of their 2016 MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship campaign.

The test marked 22-year-old Buchan's first appearance on the full specification Superbike and after two constructive days on circuit, the Essex-based contender was feeling confident of the team's initial progress as he adapts to the Panigale.

Buchan said:

"We have had two really good days here in Portimao and I am leaving here happy with how it has gone. It has been great spending time with the Ducati teams and I have been able to do so many laps and that was important for me. I feel that we can leave this test feeling that we are right where we need to be; there is more to come from me, the bike and the team still but we have been competitive and have done a good job.

"I had a good feeling of the Ducati when I did the practice laps before and the race bike is even better - its faster, handles even better and now we have a good idea on what we can do next and it has been a refreshing start to the season. I feel like we still have more in the bag, so I feel happy."

Photo copyright: Guilherme Correia/Autódromo Internacional do Algarve

[Image: bsblogo.jpg]
24-01-2016, 01:52 PM
Website Find Reply