Ducati team starts its 2016 campaign with a two-day test in Portimão
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Ducati team starts its 2016 campaign with a two-day test in Portimão
[Image: arubaracinglogo.jpg]

After the customary winter break, the Aruba.it Racing - Ducati team kicked off its on-track activities for 2016 with a two-day test in Portimão. Both Chaz Davies and Davide Giugliano completed their respective programs, posting encouraging lap times.

Davies and Giugliano completed a total of 119 and 77 laps respectively on the 2016 specification of the Panigale R, laying the foundations in terms of a base setup for the upcoming season. As for the latest upgrades, the Welshman and the Italian gave a positive feedback on both chassis and electronics, focusing primarily on the new Ohlins front forks and the latest versions of anti-spin and engine-brake strategies.

The Aruba.it Racing - Ducati team will return to the track on January 26-27 in Jerez de la Frontera (Spain).

Chaz Davies (Aruba.it Racing - Ducati #7), 1’42.7

“In the first day, we focused entirely on the new electronics, especially considering that we only had half a day of track time since the tarmac was humid in the beginning. We’ve found some advantages compared with 2015, but we still have some tweaks to make. Also, we confirmed that we’re heading in the right direction with the new fork. Today, we wrapped up the session with a race simulation, which we learned a lot from. In general, we worked methodically, without rushing anything, to understand the new parts. I’m definitely satisfied and ready to move forward in Jerez.”

Davide Giugliano (Aruba.it Racing - Ducati #34), 1’43.6

“We tried several upgrades in these first two days, focusing on setup. Physically, I feel good and I’m getting back into my best shape. Also, we’re working well together with my new technicians, using a different method compared with what I was used to, and I’m sure it’ll pay off. We’re in the process of defining the complete package, taking steps in the right direction. We’ll make further evaluations in Jerez, then we’ll draw more definitive conclusions in Australia.”

Ernesto Marinelli – Superbike Project Director

“In these first couple of days of 2016 we focused on the new Ohlins forks, available in their final specification, and the latest electronic upgrades developed during the winter. Despite the long break, both Davies and Giugliano are on top form, and we managed to quickly achieve the same competitiveness shown during the post-race tests here in Portimão last June. Our work has just begun and we will move forward with the program in a couple of days’ time in Jerez. Phillip Island is quickly approaching and we have to prepare ourselves properly.”

[Image: chazdaviesheadshot.jpg]
Chaz Davies

[Image: giuglianotesting.jpg]
David Giugliano
24-01-2016, 02:07 PM
Website Find Reply