Anvil Hire TAG Yamaha trio complete positive Almeria test
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Anvil Hire TAG Yamaha trio complete positive Almeria test
[Image: anvilhiretesting.jpg]

The Anvil Hire TAG Yamaha has completed a positive two-day test in Almeria, where James Rispoli, Billy McConnell and Shaun Winfield continued to learn the characteristics of the Yamaha R1.

The trio clocked up the laps at the Spanish circuit working on adapting to the new Yamahas and as a team bonding exercise ahead of their next test onboard the full Superbike spec machines, when all three riders can focus on finding a base set up.  

McConnell said:

"We've had two great days getting up to speed with the R1 after the winter this weekend. I've blown off the cobwebs personally and got my muscles back up to speed when riding a bike. We couldn't really do much with the stock bikes other than ride around and get used to the power, but we've used this as a team bonding exercise and I've got a great working relationship with Lee my crew chief already.

"It was a busy track day this weekend and we've met some great people in the garage who we're taking a great interest in us which is mega. Our next test should be on the full superbike spec machine so I really can't wait until then to get out on the superbike and do some proper testing."

Rispoli said:

"The test was pretty good and we got some good valuable seat time in with lots of laps. This test was not for us to produce an amazing motorcycle but more for learning how to ride the R1 and trying to find the limit. I really worked on learning how much edge grip there is and trying to push on new and old tyres. The Superbike will be completely different so this should be a good stepping-stone. Overall I am happy with my learning curve and performance here and now I can't wait for the next test."

Winfield added:

"I've had an awesome weekend out in Spain testing the Anvil Hire Yamaha R1. I had to learn the track as I hadn't been there before but that didn't take long. We made some big changes on the bike and picked up pace throughout the two days finishing on a positive note with a good lap time, just off the back of my team mates. I'm really looking forward to getting out on the full Superbike as now I feel comfortable on the R1."

Following the weekend Team Manager Gary Winfield said:

"This weekend has been a great, we've worked on the ride position and the general feeling for all the riders with the bike, and they've enjoyed their days on track.

"James has worked really well to say he's never seen the circuit before, his lap times have been very consistent and he is adapting well to the 1000cc machine. Billy and Shaun have equally impressed and have posted some solid lap times, so to say we're feeling happy is an understatement."

[Image: bsblogo.jpg]
25-01-2016, 12:25 PM
Website Find Reply