Opening mission complete for Be Wiser Ducati’s Byrne and Irwin
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Opening mission complete for Be Wiser Ducati’s Byrne and Irwin
[Image: shakeytesting2.jpg]

Four-time title winner Shane 'Shakey' Byrne and his MCE British Superbike Championship rookie team-mate Glenn Irwin have wrapped up their second pre-season test at the new Andalucia circuit in Spain with both Be Wiser Ducati riders praising the initial work completed with the development of the new Panigale.

The team utilised the opening four days on circuit at Portimao and then at Andalucia to work through a structured programme and completed the test feeling positive about their initial progress. The forthcoming weeks will now be spent analysing the data and building on the foundations in preparation for the team's next test in March.  

Shakey said:

"It has been a great two days and the extra time here riding with some exclusive track time has been perfect for both myself and Glenn. Testing at another track has allowed us to carry on the work we began at Portimao and I have really loved being back on the Ducati. If it had been up to me I wouldn't have stopped riding at all! There are some really cool things about the Be Wiser Ducati and at this stage we haven't even scratched the surface and that is what I am most excited about.

"I think when we go out again in March it should have the potential to be a bigger step better with what we have learnt from these two opening tests and that is when we can start personalising the set-up ready for Silverstone."

Irwin said:

"It has been a good two days and I have been working through a few changes that work better for me, but also using the time to get a feel for the Superbike and the power delivery at a different circuit which has different characteristics. I am really getting a feel for the Superbike now and I have started to adapt my riding style for it and I feel that we have made some good progress.

"It has been great to have the four days working together, especially yesterday as I did some laps behind Shakey and I learnt so much from him in such a short space of time. We can now make a plan for our next test in March where we will be ready to roll, but it has been a great experience."

[Image: bsblogo.jpg]
27-01-2016, 02:53 PM
Website Find Reply