JG Speedfit Kawasaki trio kick start Jerez test as Haslam debuts
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
JG Speedfit Kawasaki trio kick start Jerez test as Haslam debuts
[Image: jgspeedfit-test1.jpg]

JG Speedfit Kawasaki were back on track in full force at Jerez in Spain today (Tuesday) with all three riders together for the first time as Leon Haslam made his debut alongside James Ellison and Peter Hickman.

The trio joined the official Kawasaki team for the two day test with Ellison focused on working with the fly-by-wire system on the new model whilst Haslam and Hickman clocked up the laps as they get to grips with the new machines.

Ellison said:

"We came to Jerez in November to test the bike with a standard motor and had a really successful test, with fast consistent lap times. We have come back here with a tuned engine and a few other bits and bobs on the bike including the fly-by wire-system which is new to the Kawasaki this year, which we didn't run that in November. If I am honest we are still trying to work on that system, it does take a lot of work to setup which means going in and out the pits.

"We have been trying to do some work on the suspension and chassis but none of it really makes any sense until we fix the fly by wire system as at the moment it doesn't really feel like I have a throttle, just an on/off switch. It has been a frustrating day to be honest, especially after the test at the end of last year. I was really looking forward to just coming back, gritting my teeth and getting out on the bike. We have to put this effort in now to be successful at the first round of the championship and we have another day here tomorrow, so hopefully we can get the work done and get some laps in before our next test at Aragon."

Haslam said:

"It was my first day on the JG Speedfit Kawasaki, and we didn't get out until a bit later with the damp conditions, but we had a pretty good afternoon. We had some small issues between the three of us but we are working really well together and I have been getting to know all the new guys. Our lap times are coming down and I can wait to get out there again tomorrow on the green machine."

Hickman said:

"Day one has gone pretty well. We have a few issues that we are working through but in general the bike is really good. The more laps I do the more comfortable I feel on it; everything is quite new for me, to be jumping back on to the Kawasaki and I am also learning the circuit. I don't know Jerez very well but I did 40 or 50 laps today so we are a lot further on and we have another day tomorrow."

[Image: bsblogo.jpg]
27-01-2016, 02:58 PM
Website Find Reply