JG Speedfit Kawasaki forge ahead with development at Jerez
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
JG Speedfit Kawasaki forge ahead with development at Jerez
[Image: jgspeedfitbighdr.jpg]

The JG Speedfit Kawasaki team have wrapped up their opening test of 2016, completing the second and final day on track at Jerez in Spain as James Ellison, Leon Haslam and Peter Hickman gear up for their forthcoming MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship campaign.

Ellison continued to forge ahead with the work started yesterday on the new Kawasaki, reporting improvements as the team's hard work began to come to fruition. On the other side of the garage Hickman and the returning Haslam continued to try and clock up as many laps as possible before the team return to action next week when they hit the Spanish circuit of Aragon for a further two days on track.

Ellison said:

"We have wrapped up here at Jerez and now everything gets packed up and we head to Aragon for another two days on track to try everything that we didn't manage to test here.  Yesterday we had a few problems which meant that we missed some time and didn't get the chance to test all the parts and settings or any long runs. Today though we found a big chunk of time and we clarified one of the problems we had yesterday so we were able to do better runs and set better times. The times were still slower than what we did on a standard engine in November, so I was a disappointed with that, but we know everyone's times were down at this test so it could have been to do with the circuit.

"I am not happy yet with the way the bike is feeling at the minute and that is what we are going to work on in Aragon. We have switched to Showa suspension so we have been experimenting with various different things - springs, ride height front and rear - heaps of stuff but that is why we are here! It has been a lot more productive and positive today and I feel that all three of us are in a better place as well. We are on a similar pace and hopefully we can make some more improvements at Aragon."

[Image: speedfittesting.jpg]

Haslam said:

"We have had a pretty positive two days in Jerez and it has been good working with the new team. It has been a really good test and we have got through a lot of work to get the season started and I am getting a good feeling with the Kawasaki. We have another two days on track next week and we want to keep the ball rolling now."

Hickman said:

"We have had a good two days here and I am feeling really positive about the new ZX10 and what we have achieved at Jerez. It has been a really good start and I feel that we can only improve and take more steps forward when we get to Aragon."

[Image: bsblogo.jpg]

28-01-2016, 02:06 PM
Website Find Reply