Tech3 duo fired up for 2016 as first test arrives
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Tech3 duo fired up for 2016 as first test arrives
[Image: tech3greenhdr.jpg]

Monster Yamaha Tech3 Team duo Bradley Smith and Pol Espargaro will commence the first test of the year at the Sepang International Circuit on Monday as they look to hit the ground running for the forthcoming season.

Both riders will use the three day shakedown test to get back up to speed and become further accustomed to the new Michelin tyres, the 2016 electronic package and this season’s Yamaha YZR-M1 MotoGP bikes.

Bradley Smith aims to build on the successes of last year whereby he completed the season in 6th in the championship and as the leading satellite rider, and will seek to jump straight back into gear at the first test as he plans to go one step further in 2016. Whilst Pol Espargaro will launch into his preparation work on monday as he determinedly seeks to battle to finish as close as possible to the factory MotoGP riders in his third season in the premier class.

Pol Espargaro 

"It’s that time of year, which always gets me excited because it means the season is almost upon us and I can get back to doing what I love the most which is riding my Yamaha. The winter was enjoyable for me, plus Brad and I had good fun representing Yamaha in Thailand. There was some time to relax but I also trained hard so that I could be ready, mentally and physically, for next week and 2016. This year will be very important for me and my first feeling on this seasons Yamaha was promising, even though we didn’t run a long distance on it in Valencia. So now I’m eager to complete some more distance on it as well as continuing our work with the new Michelin tyres. The new electronics come into play in 2016 as well, so it will be interesting to see what we can do with all three of these factors, yet I feel confident about the season’s prospects. 2015 was a bit of a tricky one, but I am determined to start this year strongly and then continue on a positive wave.”

Bradley Smith 

"The wait is finally over and it goes without saying that I am really looking forward to jumping back on the Yamaha! It’s been a long time coming, but now I can thoroughly sample my new YZR-M1, the Michelin tyres and the electronics together. For sure it will be a challenge and we have some work to do so that we can be as ready as possible for 2016 but I trust the team and I know they are as eager as me to get going. I’ve enjoyed the off season and I have been training hard so that I’m in the best possible shape for this year. I look forward to seeing all of my crew again and then getting stuck in. There will be a lot of laps, but on Monday we go back to work and I can’t wait!”

Hervé Poncharal - Team manager : 

“We’ve all had the break that we needed and I’m sure it was good for everyone but now it’s time to pack our bags and head back to the track so we can get 2016 underway. This year will be a different adventure compared to the previous seasons due to the new Michelin tyres and the different electronics package which are both big changes in the sport. We are excited about this new challenge and we will need to put a lot of work in to ensure that Brad, Pol and everyone at the team leaves this test positively and ready for Phillip Island. This week will be a shakedown, yet I know the guys are raring to go and they will be ready to put all of their effort in as soon as the wheels start turning. We are positive about the forthcoming year and with a solid start in the testing, both guys can do a great job and fight where they want to be. It will be interesting for sure, so we’re all excited to be heading back to the Sepang International Circuit because we enjoy the sport as much as the fans!”

31-01-2016, 08:22 PM
Website Find Reply