Donington Park to support Kyle Ryde in 2016 World Supersport Championship
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Donington Park to support Kyle Ryde in 2016 World Supersport Championship
[Image: kyleryde.jpg]

Donington Park will support Kyle Ryde in the 2016 World Supersport Championship, which races on the prestigious World Superbike Championship undercard, with the only UK round taking place at Donington on 27-29 May.

The 18-year-old from nearby Jacksdale in Nottinghamshire thrilled the Donington Park crowd at the World Superbike round in 2015, where he was a ‘wild card’ rider in the World Supersport race. He finished in an extremely impressive third place with a performance full of speed and aggression, having stunned in qualifying with a front row start. He now steps up to the championship full time in 2016, after finishing second in the 2015 British Supersport Championship. Prior to that he won the British Superstock 600 Championship and British 125cc Championship.

Ryde will take part promotions for the World Superbike round at Donington while he will also appear at question and answer sessions with fans on the Saturday evening at the circuit.

Donington Park Sporting Director Bob Adams commented: “We are delighted to be supporting one of the brightest British talents to emerge in motorcycling for quite a while. Kyle was amazing at the round here last year, and if he repeats that again this year, he will be very much in demand. We look forward to helping him, and are eagerly anticipating seeing him in action here in May!”

Kyle Ryde commented: 

“I’m really pleased to receive the backing of my local circuit, Donington Park. It’s one of my favourite tracks and I always seem to go well here. The World Supersport race here in 2015 showed what I can do, and I can’t wait to get stuck in this year, and meet all the fans as part of my deal with Donington!”

Tickets for the Motul FIM Superbike World Championship at Donington Park on 27-29 May are available in advance from the official website http://www.donington-park.co.uk.

09-02-2016, 12:12 PM
Website Find Reply