Hopkins and Easton set for ePayMe Yamaha debut in Spain
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Hopkins and Easton set for ePayMe Yamaha debut in Spain
[Image: epaymebikefortests.jpg]

The ePayMe Yamaha team head to Spain next week for their opening test of the 2016 MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship season when American John Hopkins and Stuart Easton will make their much anticipated debut on the YZF-R1s.

The team managed by 2011 champion Tommy Hill will roll out of pitlane for the first time this year at Cartagena in Spain alongside several of their rival teams next week as the countdown to the opening round continues. The pair are both eager to get their first experience of the Yamaha which became the title-winning machine of last season.

Hopkins said: 

"It has been a great off season and I have been preparing back home in Cali and the weather has really been ideal for training; I have been motocross, mountain biking and generally getting myself ready both mentally and physically to get back out and turn some laps again and I am ready to go. I arrived back in the UK today (Wednesday) and I am so excited to get started with the new team and with the Yamaha.

"I saw so much of the Yamaha on track last year and I have to say I am so, so excited to get started. I visited the team workshop in December when I was back in the UK for Christmas and Tommy [Hill] and the team were doing a great job then and I know it has moved on a lot behind the scenes since I was last there. I haven't ridden a race bike since the end of last season, but that is a heck of time less than it was when I came back with the Ducati last year so I can't wait. I am looking forward to getting aquatinted with the team and making a long-awaited debut with the ePayMe Yamaha - bring it on!"

Easton said: 

"It is always exciting this time of the season as you just want to get back out riding again - my leathers have arrived and my helmet is just back from the painters so I feel ready to go! I really am looking forward to getting the wheels back in motion now and making friends with the Yamaha. We have four days in Spain which will give us the opportunity to go through everything and also work together as a new team for the first time.

"This first test is for me to get adjusted to the Yamaha; I have ridden a lot of different bikes during my career and this is one I am definitely looking forward to having a go on because the power characteristics I think should hopefully really suit my style. I haven't set myself any expectations for this test, because in reality if you look back on previous years I have never set a blistering pace in Spanish testing, but when it comes to the races at the start of the season I am ready to go. I want to use the time wisely so that we can work through everything we need to achieve to be ready for round one."

Team manager Tommy Hill commented: 

"I am really excited about seeing the team out testing for the first time. This will be an important test for the team as it will be the first time we have all worked together and will really be a shakedown to ensure we are ready for the UK tests and the start of the season. We have been working really hard behind the scenes to be in the best position we can for these tests and I feel that the time is right to get our on track programme underway now.

"The Yamaha was the title-winning package last year, so the first test for us is to give both Hopper and Stuart time to adjust to the new bike and get up to speed after the winter. The test is about getting the riders comfortable with the new package and making sure the team structure works efficiently ahead of the first round. It will be the first time we have been on circuit together and these are our number one priorities."

[Image: bsblogo.jpg]
24-02-2016, 01:09 PM
Website Find Reply