GREAT START FOR TEAM MV AGUSTA REPARTO CORSE ON OPENING ROUND AT PHILLIP ISLAND
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
GREAT START FOR TEAM MV AGUSTA REPARTO CORSE ON OPENING ROUND AT PHILLIP ISLAND
[Image: mvhdr.jpg]

The 4.445km Phillip Island Circuit, in Australia, today hosted the unveiling of the new 2016 MV Agusta Reparto Corse Official Team. The Italian based squad will line up Leon Camier in WorldSBK, riding the new MV Agusta F4 RC machine, while Jules Cluzel and Lorenzo Zanetti will race in WorldSSP class, riding the new MV Agusta F3 675.

During the opening Free Practice day at Phillip Island the MV Agusta F4 RC was the fastest Italian bike on track, with Leon Camier ending up in 5° position, extremely close the World Champion Jonathan Rea, and making his first Tissot-Superpole 2 of the year. The British rider showed a great consistent for both the practice sessions and he expect to fights for the first row in starting grid.

Great Day for the duo Cluzel-Zanetti as well, with the French rider getting the 2° best time (1’33.877) and the Italian immediately close in 4° position (1’34.032). Both the rider will enter the first Tissot-Superpole 2 in WorldSSP, which will be held tomorrow at 13.55 local time.

Leon Camier #2  

I am really happy to be as fast as we are. We solved the problem had a few little problem during the test and that means we are working in the right direction for the race. The chassis seems really good and so the electronic. Maybe we just need to refine a little bit the chassis setting but I am pretty happy with the bike feeling in general. Now we have to be focused and fast on the superpole and make sure to get a good qualify and a good start.

Lorenzo Zanetti #87 

I am really happy with this first day. We are still figuring out how to get the best setting but this morning I immediately got a good feeling with the bike whilst this afternoon it was difficult to improve my lap time, because of the hot temperature and the wind. The second session I chose to focus on the long run, trying to get a good pace and I was really consistent and fast. This year will be crucial to be always on top 10, in order to enter the Superpole 2. I am really satisfied with the work we did and look forward to the race on Sunday.

Jules Cluzel #16 

The track this morning was really different from the testing days. The asphalt had less grip because of the past rain that changed the conditions. This afternoon I changed tyres and I tried to push hard but I lost my rear at the penultimate turn and I crashed. I am lucky because I am good enough to race and I am happy to have qualified in 2° place thanks to the time I scored in FP1

[Image: mvagustariders.jpg]

26-02-2016, 03:47 PM
Website Find Reply