Whos getting excited????
maybolezx12r Offline

Threads: 28
Wink  Whos getting excited????
TT 2016 is coming in fast and with only 82 days to go it wont be long till were back on the Island.

Who's all sorted out and what are you looking forward to most???????

Mountain Marshal from 2013 Icon_biggrin
07-03-2016, 04:48 PM
Find Reply
JAT Offline

Threads: 5
RE: Whos getting excited????
I'm looking forward to May 30th and spending half a day dialling 1471 to try and book for next year!!!! All worth it in the end though, I can't wait to be back on the Island.
07-03-2016, 05:19 PM
Find Reply
HammerHead Offline

Threads: 23
Ferry is obviously paid for. Paid for my camping last week (and got 2015 prices) which made it seem much closer.

Missed 2015 so itching to get back - two years is a long time. Most looking forward to trying new viewing spots.

"There is nothing so momentary as a sporting achievement, and nothing so lasting as the memory of it."
(This post was last modified: 07-03-2016, 05:22 PM by HammerHead.)
07-03-2016, 05:21 PM
Find Reply
Jonesthebike Offline

Threads: 3
Getting more excited now as managed to get a better crossing this morning after many minutes of trying its not ideal but better than my original one. Coming over on the Saturday now instead of the Tuesday of race week so will only miss the first day's racing , you never know it might rain and the racing will be cancelled and I won't miss a thing ! (Only joking!)
(This post was last modified: 07-03-2016, 05:59 PM by Malcolm.)
07-03-2016, 05:54 PM
Find Reply
rustys Offline

Threads: 4
We are, counting down the sleeps, first timers from New Zealand, never been to the TT before, and have always watched it on the Tele, the Isle Off Man also looks so nice for a look around.
We have a rental car booked and doing a camping holiday through Devon, Cornwall, Wales working our way to Heysham to catch the ferry on the 31st. Just found out we have a Sidecar team going over this year from NZ so will be supporting them and our man Bruce Ansty, Number1 yippee go Bruce!!!!
Russell and Sue
07-03-2016, 10:28 PM
Find Reply
Skippy27 Offline
Just Getting Started

Threads: 0
I am more than excited as it's my very 1st time to the Isle of Man and a dream of mine for many years that will finally come true. What l am looking forward to the most is planting my feet on the ground once l have arrived there and pinching myself to make sure that l am not dreaming and that l am actually there.I'm also looking forward to hopefully meeting some of the riders and getting their autographs and photo's with them if possible. So all l can say now is...................BRING IT ON!!!!!!!!!
08-03-2016, 04:34 AM
Find Reply
maybolezx12r Offline

Its like Christmas for the adults and you cant beat it........For all the newbies you are really in for a treat,the best advice I can give you is to take in as much as you can and try and organise what your going to see and do etc because time goes by really quick. Pick out some viewing spots for the racing using Youtube and get there as early as you can and be prepared for scorching sunshine and heavy rain all in the one day.

08-03-2016, 09:54 AM
Find Reply
HammerHead Offline

Threads: 23
Spot on - have a list of where you would like to watch from but be flexible as road closures can stop you getting there.

2014 was my first time. For anyone planning their first trip I wrote up mine on the old forum - the link is HERE - it might be useful.

"There is nothing so momentary as a sporting achievement, and nothing so lasting as the memory of it."
(This post was last modified: 08-03-2016, 01:18 PM by Malcolm.)
08-03-2016, 12:40 PM
Find Reply
Martini Man Offline
Just Getting Started

Threads: 0
(07-03-2016, 10:28 PM)rustys Wrote: We are, counting down the sleeps, first timers from New Zealand, never been to the TT before, and have always watched it on the Tele, the Isle Off Man also looks so nice for a look around.
We have a rental car booked and doing a camping holiday through Devon, Cornwall, Wales working our way to Heysham to catch the ferry on the 31st. Just found out we have a Sidecar team going over this year from NZ so will be supporting them and our man Bruce Ansty, Number1 yippee go Bruce!!!!
Russell and Sue
Seeing it on the TV is ok, but you have to be there......Prepare to be amazed!
08-03-2016, 01:40 PM
Find Reply
cornishman Offline

Threads: 11
Third time this year ,everything sorted.Even fired up the FJR in the shed after winter layup(still not going out on salted roads though),It was a lifelong ambition to go to the TT and now trying to get my mate over for first time next year
08-03-2016, 08:50 PM
Find Reply
NSR500 Offline

Threads: 2
Ferry paid, digs sorted, signed on again, just to get the bike sorted then good to go, roll on 2nd June, be good to land and then the obligatory ride past the grandstand to say hello ( well it is for me )
A proud member of the Orange Army
                 Party2
08-03-2016, 10:31 PM
Find Reply
Nasher Offline

Threads: 30
I been going since 1976 & I'm still excited & counting down the sleeps!

This year I'm getting there early to see the Pre TT Classic - looking forward to that, as well as meeting friends old & new.

Oh & if there's time, unicycling down Douglas prom!
09-03-2016, 09:31 AM
Find Reply
Big thumpa Offline

Threads: 5
Only 79 now its going ticking away fast YEHAAAA im so excited staying glenvine new homestay this year should be fun

Sucking Rabbits outa Hedges Icon_mrgreen
10-03-2016, 09:23 AM
Find Reply
maybolezx12r Offline

Nothing better than seeing the Island appearing on the horizon as the boat gets closer what a feeling..............followed by a first lap round the course nice and slow to take it all in for another year and down in to the Grandstand and you know you have arrived. Pure Bliss.

P

11-03-2016, 09:16 AM
Find Reply
meridian Offline

Threads: 1
Third time for us in succession this year, and sailing out of Heysham for the first time, which suits me as I'm very happy to avoid the hustle and bustle of Liverpool.

We cheat and drive a van up from East Sussex, park it up and take the bike across. Cheap and cheerful hotel booked in Morecambe Bay for Sunday May 29th, and on to the island Monday 30th. Holiday starts the minute we leave home !

Let's hope the crossing is less rough this year. We were fortunate to be on the last unaffected crossing last year just prior to the weather closing in and disrupting Steam Packet's schedule (not to mention the practice schedule)

Staying on the A1, just west of Ballacraine, at St. John's this year, so decent bus access to Peel and Douglas for the evenings (mid 40s now so Peel our preferred choice !) and very easy for me to join the circuit each and very morning where I ride the entire route before breakfast, on my faithful '98 VFR800. Love those early morning rides, although the mountain can be very foggy. Will often park up, perhaps at Parliament Square with a coffee, and just watch the other (earlybird) bikes. It's a great time to be out and the roads are quiet

We absolutely love this beautiful island, with such gems as Laxey, Port Erin, Calf of Man, Point of Ayre etc, and everywhere just a short trip away. The views from the west coast south of Peel, through Niarbyl and Dalby are stunning, and the sunsets are glorious.

For me, the trip it gets better with familarisation and so I am particularly looking forward to this year as everything just gets easier to plan, always helps when you know what you're doing !
12-03-2016, 10:20 AM
Find Reply