TYCO BMW COMPLETE SUCCESSFUL SPANISH TESTING
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
TYCO BMW COMPLETE SUCCESSFUL SPANISH TESTING
[Image: tycoteamposttest.jpg]

The Tyco BMW team has concluded its pre-season Spanish testing, following three days at Almeria in the BMW Motorrad Race Camp. All four Tyco BMW riders were involved and the success of the fortnight in Spain will offer all riders a great platform coming into the official BSB tests at the end of the month.

Michael Laverty – British Superbike:

“The Spanish testing is now banked for us, with lots of work completed by the whole team. We tested numerous chassis and electronic configurations over the seven days on track. The data will now be assessed and further development plans put in place based on the information gathered. From a personal point of view, I’m very satisfied where we currently are with the Tyco BMW S1000RR and in a good place heading into the UK tests.”

Christian Iddon – British Superbike:

“I’ve had a great opening couple of weeks with the TAS boys riding my new bike for this season – the Tyco BMW S1000RR. I’ve really enjoyed working with the team and also with Michael on the other side of the garage. We had lots of track time, so now we need to work through the information we gathered and find further direction for the next tests back in the UK.”

Ian Hutchinson – British Superstock & International Road Racing:

“I’m really pleased with the testing programme we ran in Spain. It was great to get out on the bike early and get a feel for the S1000RR in standard specification, before making steady progress through the various set-up changes. The ten days I had on track afforded me the luxury of not having to rush into chasing lap times or guessing changes. It’s been perfect and now that we have the two Tyco BMW bikes well set up, I can move onto the Metzeler tyre test for road racing this coming week and concentrate on tyres alone. The whole team has gelled really well and everyone is in a good place going into the season, so I can’t wait to get started.”

Josh Elliott – British Superstock:

“The time spent with the Tyco BMW team in Spain has been brilliant. The S1000RR now feels like my own bike and I have taken a huge chunk off my best lap times at the various circuits, and there is still huge potential in the package. At Almeria it was great to work with the BMW Motorrad technicians, which allowed me to learn even more about the bike. I can’t wait to get home now and transfer this knowledge onto the British tracks. Massive thanks to everyone in the team for doing such a super job in Spain and making me feel so welcome.”

Philip Neill – Team Manager:

“After another busy winter preparing a lot of new bikes and making significant changes in team personnel, it’s always nice to get through the opening test of the year virtually incident free. There already seems to be a great dynamic in the 2016 team with Christian, Hutchy and Josh all settling in well. Michael is a great people person and with a year under his belt on the Tyco BMW S1000RR, he not only got back into the groove quickly on track, he’s also been able to share his knowledge with our new riders. A positive start that we aim to build on in the coming weeks as we quickly approach the opening round of the season in just over three weeks.”

[Image: tycobmwlogo.jpg]
14-03-2016, 11:53 AM
Website Find Reply