Any pilots here heading for TT? Need some advice..
NorwayJohn Offline
Just Getting Started

Threads: 1
Any pilots here heading for TT? Need some advice..
Hi. Planning to fly in to Ronaldsway from Norway with a small Cessna to catch a day or two with racing. Since weather obviously is a factor, we can't really plan around exact dates.. Does anyone here know if it's usually possible to get event tickets on really short notice? Nothing fancy required, just the possibility to sit in a camping chair with a beer and watch the bikes whizz past. Furthermore, I assume it's unlikely to get proper accomodation on the fly so are there any camp sites within walking distance to a pub (in Douglas I presume?) that you would recommend for three guys and a tent? Are the camp sites also fully booked in advance during the TT?

Any advice will be greatly appreciated,
Regards from a guy who knows nothing about IoM yet, but eager to come across for some laughs and a good party!
20-03-2016, 11:39 PM
Find Reply
HammerHead Offline

Threads: 23
RE: Any pilots here heading for TT? Need some advice..
I don't want to state the obvious but I may have misunderstood your question. You can watch racing for free in your camping chair. Find a spot around the circuit (that isn't prohibited) and enjoy. You can buy event tickets for grandstand and fan zones but I would thing the grandstand is sold out by now. Good viewing spots do get busy in race week so you'll have to arrive early - some (on private land) you have to pay a few pounds for.

Camping is likely to be pretty difficult to get at short notice. I've already booked and paid for mine and I know our camp site is full. Try phoning the campsites and see how they operate their site. Failing that you might be able to get a homestay but without knowing dates it might prove tricky.

"There is nothing so momentary as a sporting achievement, and nothing so lasting as the memory of it."
21-03-2016, 01:30 PM
Find Reply
Smidsy Offline
Orange Army - Windy Corner

Threads: 1
RE: Any pilots here heading for TT? Need some advice..
Sound a bit like a bucketlister.

....eager to come across for some laughs and a good party!
"I stole these views from the cools kids, so I could fit in."
You don’t stop riding because you’re getting old, you get old because you stop riding
22-03-2016, 12:57 PM
Find Reply