Entries for the 2016 Isle of Man Classic TT Races presented by Bennetts are now open.
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Entries for the 2016 Isle of Man Classic TT Races presented by Bennetts are now open.
[Image: classicttlogo.jpg]

Please download and read the 2016 Festival of Motorcycling Regulations before submitting your entry.

All competitors must hold an ACU Mountain Course Licence (see page 74 of the regs for application form). 

Teams and competitors can also complete a Steam Packet Company booking using the form on page 72 of the regulations.

Please follow this link to the Classic TT Entry System

If you require assistance or further information please contact:

24-03-2016, 02:47 PM
Website Find Reply
BenjiesDad Offline

Threads: 10
RE: Entries for the 2016 Isle of Man Classic TT Races presented by Bennetts are now open.
Splashdown,

I hope that you have looked at Page 65 ?

Thanks Malcolm for posting this,
I am sat here wondering what the Hell is going on !
We have another TT !!!
Paid Start Money etc,

What happens to all the Guys that just do the Manx side of the Event,
Do they get they Expenses paid ?
Or help with Travel Allowance !

No Wonder the Big Names go back twice a Year !!
Easy Free Money from the DED,,,
And a nice little Jolly on a Classic Bike ! Paid for by somebody else,
And Depraving the Guys on Classics that have supported the Classic Manx for so long of a good ride out !

Open to Comments on this one,
As iam Not Happy as you might imagine, After Reading the Regs,

Thats got that off my Chest,, Lol
Phewww,
24-03-2016, 09:10 PM
Find Reply
Splashdown Offline

Threads: 32
RE: Entries for the 2016 Isle of Man Classic TT Races presented by Bennetts are now open.
Yes, I've seen the regs Benji's Dad.
This is the same wording (I believe), that the Classic TT has had since its inception. All I will say about the Classic TT is that sadly the Classic Manx Grand Prix was dying on its feet. There were very few single cylinder bikes in the entry, (I think they were down below 50 for the Senior Classic), and now the entry is almost full. The incentive is there for owners of Classic machines to receive a financial reward to bring their expensive machinery to the Mountain course, where hitherto they couldn't justify the expense and wear and tear.
I think that spectators are getting a better deal out of the Classic TT, but for me I still love the Manx, (for which there is still no financial package), where unknown riders can come with a fairly ordinary machine, and make a name for themselves.
In a world that sees many incongruous misalignments of fairness, I think that the past three years has seen a steady growth of the Classic TT. Maybe as a purist things are not as they should be in a perfect world, but the facts are that we don't live in one.
I'm not saying that I wouldn't want some things done differently, (I have spoken of them in the past), but if you want Professional riders of the level of JM, Bruce, and MD, then the present format is the way forward. Facts are that the machine owners want top riders on them, and I reckon the spectators do too. However I will concede that I haven't seen any real evidence that the visitor level OVERALL for the June and August events combined has substantially grown.
25-03-2016, 01:43 AM
Find Reply
Steve Linsdell Offline

Threads: 1
Just a reminder that entries close for both the Classic TT and MGP on Monday. Been no press release this year that I have seen.
21-04-2016, 05:51 PM
Find Reply