How often do races get rained out
cmattina Offline
Just Getting Started

Threads: 2
How often do races get rained out
Just curious what people's experiences/memories are - knowing that no one can predict the weather.

Looking at the weather history it seems it rains quite often during race days. But, in your experience how often are races delayed due to rain? I am concerned because i am booked to arrive Saturday eve and leave the following Tuesday morning. So, the only race I will see is Monday's... and if that gets rained out, then i'll be pretty disappointed (though there is no one to blame but myself).

I was hoping that the chance of missing Monday's race would be outweighed by the possibility of Saturday's race being bumped to Sunday (I just learned of the Law against it, that may be getting changed). Of course it could rain heavy the whole time i'm there, but that's a risk I'm willing to take.
29-03-2016, 07:31 PM
Find Reply
pitlane07 Offline

Threads: 31
RE: How often do races get rained out
Always think of where the Isle of Man is,a rock in the Irish sea,as one of the hundreds of marshalls,i think we had two days off duty in the last two years.The weather is always a major factor,but take your chance you will enjoy the TT,even if it rains.
PITLANE 07
29-03-2016, 07:44 PM
Find Reply
mdvineng Offline

Threads: 0
(29-03-2016, 07:31 PM)cmattina Wrote: Just curious what people's experiences/memories are - knowing that no one can predict the weather.

Looking at the weather history it seems it rains quite often during race days. But, in your experience how often are races delayed due to rain? I am concerned because i am booked to arrive Saturday eve and leave the following Tuesday morning. So, the only race I will see is Monday's... and if that gets rained out, then i'll be pretty disappointed (though there is no one to blame but myself).

I was hoping that the chance of missing Monday's race would be outweighed by the possibility of Saturday's race being bumped to Sunday (I just learned of the Law against it, that may be getting changed). Of course it could rain heavy the whole time i'm there, but that's a risk I'm willing to take.
you will still have a great time though
31-03-2016, 08:03 AM
Find Reply
Revvin rich Offline

Threads: 71
Its all part of the TT experiance some days are better than others thats the nature of the place but be patient and you will be rewarded with racing you won,t see anywhere else on the planet ,and always listen to Manx radio when you get up it will give you good idea if any racing will happen that day.
05-04-2016, 11:31 AM
Find Reply
taxman Offline

Threads: 1
(29-03-2016, 07:31 PM)cmattina Wrote: the possibility of Saturday's race being bumped to Sunday (I just learned of the Law against it, that may be getting changed). Of course it could rain heavy the whole time i'm there, but that's a risk I'm willing to take.

There's no law against it and many Saturday races have been run on Mad Sunday. 2015 and 2013 for example.

The law change relates to allowing road closures on a Sunday for other events and at other times - such as Southern 100.
07-04-2016, 01:10 PM
Find Reply
cmattina Offline
Just Getting Started

Threads: 2
Oh,  thanks for clarifying.
(This post was last modified: 16-04-2016, 08:17 AM by Malcolm.)
07-04-2016, 07:56 PM
Find Reply
spannerman Offline

Threads: 28
Is there a Schedule already drawn up should it rain the first two days of practice, race week like wise
16-04-2016, 12:57 AM
Find Reply