TT 2016: Ryan Farquhar confident of upping ante on Tyco BMW
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
TT 2016: Ryan Farquhar confident of upping ante on Tyco BMW
[Image: ryanfprett1.jpg]

Ryan Farquhar has yet to break the 130mph barrier at the Isle of Man TT but the Ulster rider has no doubt he will achieve his best ever lap of the Mountain Course in June.

Farquhar will race the Tyco BMW Superbike at the festival after taking over the ride from Guy Martin and is confident he can raise his pace significantly as the 40-year-old attempts to make the most of his opportunity on the factory-backed S1000RR.

The Dungannon team owner, who joins Bingley Bullet Ian Hutchinson in the Moneymore team, was in attendance at the 2016 launch of the TT in Douglas on Thursday, where he was joined by a host of top names including Hutchy, John McGuinness, Michael Dunlop, James Hillier, Lee Johnston, Peter Hickman, Dean Harrison, Gary Johnson, Conor Cummins and Michael Rutter.

Farquhar achieved his fastest ever TT lap in 2010 of just under 130mph when he finished as the runner-up to Hutchinson in a thrilling Superstock race.

“There are ten riders or more at the TT capable of lapping at over 132mph and I haven’t done that, but I’m confident that I will,” said Farquhar.

“Whenever I rode the TT circuit on the same bike as Gary Johnson at the Classic TT, I was able to outperform him and Gary is a frontrunner at the TT.

“On the same bike as my team-mates at Phillip Island in the Classic meeting my team-mates were James Hillier, John McGuinness and Conor Cummins and I was able to beat them or run with them, and I’m not a circuit rider. They’ve beat me a few times, but I’ve always been there or thereabouts.

“It’s the same at the Classic TT when I’m on the Paton against McGuinness. We haven’t had any luck with the bike but I can give him a run on equal bikes, so I don’t see any reason why it won’t be the same on a Superbike at the TT,”
he added.

“This is an opportunity to ride a competitive Superbike – the best package I’ve ever had – and I don’t see any reason why I can’t run with the best of them.”

Farquhar has yet to the ride the Tyco BMW Superbike and is due for a test at Kirkistown before the North West 200.

“This time last year, the Tyco BMW wasn’t anywhere near the level it is at now and Michael Laverty has proved that,” Farquhar said.

“They are right at the sharp end now and the team has got the experience, which will help me of course as well.

“Ian Hutchinson felt so good on the bike after a few outings that he was ready to go down Bray Hill weeks ago, so after a few runs on the bike myself, there is no reason why I can’t be the same.”

Farquhar will also ride a BMW in the Superstock class backed by IEG plus his own KMR Kawasaki Supertwin in the Lightweight race.

[Image: newletterlogo.jpg]
Kyle White
16-04-2016, 11:12 AM
Website Find Reply