Billy Redmayne - RIP
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Billy Redmayne - RIP
Facebook Announcement at 04:00 hrs 19th April

Hannah Louise
3 hrs ·

It is with a heavy heart that I have to announce that Billy Redmayne sustained serious and irreversible head injuries at Oliver's Mount on Sunday. He was taken to Scarborough hospital then airlifted to James Cook University Hospital where we were told that the damage to his brain was too severe for him to ever wake up again. Even if we had waited for the swelling to go down, the damage was too bad. He also wasn't able to breathe for himself and was kept awake by machines. Myself and his family decided rather than prolong the inevitable, we would turn off his life support machine and donate whatever organs we could. A match was found for his liver and kidneys and his pancreas will be used for research. I am holding on to the fact that Billy died doing what he loved, and that was the way he always wanted it.

Today was our anniversary, we had been together for two years. Today was also the day that I lay in Billy's arms whilst he took his last breath. Words cannot describe how hard this is for us all, and to be honest it hasn't really sunk in yet. Saying goodbye to him was the hardest thing I have ever done. Billy's family and I appreciate all of your well wishes but ask that we can be left to grieve in peace.

Thankyou to everyone that has called or text me, to everyone that sat with me and helped pack up the van, to the people that dropped everything to get up here and say their goodbyes, the staff at both hospitals, you were amazing, and to anyone else that I may have forgot.

Billy I love you more than words can say, but I think you knew that because I told you about 5 times a day! Life will never be the same without you, and I will never love anyone as much as I love you. I am going to miss you so much, I will miss the random I love you's, the cuddles, the roadtrips, the plans we had, your cheeky smile, the way you laugh at me for dribbling and/or snorting and getting my words jumbled, our Superbike Sundays, bickering like an old married couple and I will even miss your temper tantrums! It's heartbreaking that we will never get to do the things we planned, but I will make you proud.

Happy Anniversary Billy. Sleep tight my love, until we meet again ❤
19-04-2016, 07:24 AM
Website Find Reply
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
RE: Billy Redmayne - RIP
[Image: billyredmayneblack.jpg]

TTwebsite wish to extend their sincerest sympathy to Hannah, Billys Family and friends at this terribly sad time.

R.I.P. Billy,

Macolm
19-04-2016, 07:29 AM
Website Find Reply
imort Offline

Threads: 3
Terrible news R.I.P Billy
19-04-2016, 07:45 AM
Find Reply
JAT Offline

Threads: 5
So sad, my thoughts are with Billy's family and friends. RIP Billy.
19-04-2016, 08:48 AM
Find Reply
Nev14 Offline

Threads: 1
Such sad news. Thoughts and prayers with his girlfriend and family.
Also thoughts with those who dealt with the incident yesterday.
19-04-2016, 08:55 AM
Find Reply
Splashdown Offline

Threads: 32
I am SO sad to hear of this news. It has really shocked me. I met Billy in February at the MGP Newcomers weekend, and I found him to be a thoroughly decent young man.
My deepest sympathy to his family, and to Hannah Louise. 
19-04-2016, 09:09 AM
Find Reply
tiny thing Offline

Threads: 3
Very sad ,another one away up to the big road race in the sky ,RIP Billy thoughts with family and friends.

The UGP best road race in the world.
19-04-2016, 11:50 AM
Find Reply
Revvin rich Offline

Threads: 71
Very sad news R.I.P Billy. Condolences to his family and friends.
19-04-2016, 01:26 PM
Find Reply
Carlos 500 Offline
Just Getting Started

Threads: 2
RIP Billy. Thoughts with family and friends.
19-04-2016, 04:30 PM
Find Reply
scaramanga Offline

Threads: 25
sadly i feared the worst yesterday when i read the press release
but it still hit home hard today when i read hed lost his fight
brings back memorys of wayne hamilton another very talanted young racer taken from us before they could show just how good they were
hope all involved can move on without too much turmoil
__________________________________________________________________________________________________

proud to own and ride a british motorcycle  triumph daytona 675 Hehe
19-04-2016, 06:15 PM
Find Reply
HammerHead Offline

Threads: 23
Very sad news for one so young and talented. Condolences to friends and family.

RIP Billy.

"There is nothing so momentary as a sporting achievement, and nothing so lasting as the memory of it."
19-04-2016, 06:21 PM
Find Reply
Superbike Offline

Threads: 4
Extremely sad news, our beloved sport can at times be so cruel, I feel for the family and friends of Billy thoughts are with you all.
RIP Billy.
19-04-2016, 10:03 PM
Find Reply