BENNETTS SUZUKI POSITIVE AFTER OULTON BSB QUALIFIER
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
BENNETTS SUZUKI POSITIVE AFTER OULTON BSB QUALIFIER
[Image: bennettsuzukihdr.jpg]

Ryuichi Kiyonari and Tommy Bridewell will start the first race at Oulton Park from the fourth row of the grid on their Bennetts Suzuki GSX-R1000s, after a wet and tricky qualifying session for the second round of the MCE British Superbike Championship today.

In conditions that caught out a number of riders, Kiyonari and Bridewell kept their GSX-R1000s upright, while ensuring a competitive grid-spot for tomorrow’s opening race. Kiyonari will start from 10th place, after he narrowly missed out on Q3 in the dying moments of Q2, while Bridewell will start alongside him on the grid in 11th place.

However, with competitive and consistent times posted in both the wet and the dry in the free practice sessions, both riders are confident and positive of improving on their positions when racing starts tomorrow on Bank Holiday Monday.

Ryuichi Kiyonari:

“This weekend so far we have made progress in every session, and in the small amount of dry track time we have had, we’ve made improvements with the chatter we had at Silverstone. But our pace is good in the wet and in the dry. The conditions were difficult in qualifying and I had a little issue with our set-up, but it is no problem and we’ve fixed it for tomorrow. I feel good and I’m ready to race.”

[Image: kiyoatoulton.jpg]

Tommy Bridewell:

“It's been ok so far this weekend. We've been quick in each session, wet or dry - which is good - and shows we've really made some progress with the bike. We were in the top-five in both FP2 and FP3 and I think we've got a really good race pace. Eleventh on the grid isn't brilliant but it's not a disaster and I'm confident that there's plenty more to come, so it'll be a case of getting my head down and giving it 100% when the lights go out tomorrow.”

Martin Halsall - Bennetts Suzuki Team Owner:

“It was difficult out there for the guys today and you could see that by some of the riders that went down. The fourth row is okay and we can do a job from there, and both Kiyo and Tommy have been looking good in free practice, with Tommy in the top-five yesterday and today, and I think the race-pace of both of them will see them improve from those positions. There are no points for qualifying, so we’ll keep working and focus on two good races tomorrow.”

Oulton Park BSB Qualifying Result: 

1. Leon Haslam, 2. James Ellison, 3. Jason O’Halloran, 4. Dan Linfoot, 5. Christian Iddon. 10. Ryuichi Kiyonari (Bennetts Suzuki GSX-R1000). 11. Tommy Bridewell (Bennetts Suzuki GSX-R1000).
02-05-2016, 11:14 AM
Website Find Reply