Traveling to the TT with van + bikes
li4mc Offline
Just Getting Started

Threads: 2
Traveling to the TT with van + bikes
Hey i'm just looking for some information about taking a transit van with two bikes onto the ferry for the TT next year.

Has anyone ever done this? Is there any restrictions when doing this? Fuel levels in the bikes ect. & when booking do you just book the van or do you need to declare that the bikes are in the van?

Cheers.
07-05-2016, 09:57 AM
Find Reply
Smidsy Offline
Orange Army - Windy Corner

Threads: 1
RE: Traveling to the TT with van + bikes
Just need to book the van, fuel in the bike tanks should be ok, but no jerry cans etc. 
"I stole these views from the cools kids, so I could fit in."
You don’t stop riding because you’re getting old, you get old because you stop riding
07-05-2016, 11:51 AM
Find Reply
Carlos 500 Offline
Just Getting Started

When you get to the ferry port they will ask you to open the back of the van, they will check the chassis numbers on each bike. They also had a good look around my van. It's quick and all done in a very friendly way, routine stuff.
07-05-2016, 02:16 PM
Find Reply
li4mc Offline
Just Getting Started

Cheers guys. I'm going to give them a ring on the 30th to got the ferry place booked. any advise on a cheap and cheerful campsite? W/shower and toilet block?

Enjoyed the One Life Video btw. Brought back that feeling i got the first time i set foot on the island. Can't wait until next year.
07-05-2016, 08:10 PM
Find Reply